I have seized stihl 880!

marmalade

Just got on this, been in London the last three days - work:lol:

Firstly there are no aftermarket cylinders that I know of, the original cylinder may well be salvageable, if it isn't the saw is FUBAR:thumbdown: the OEM parts are painfully expensive!

I have salvaged around 85 - 95% of cylinders and managed 150 - 170psi on all of them, I believe the only failure I had after fixing was caused by a Chinese piston with poor ring tempering - since primarily using quality pistons, I believe all my repairs are still working fine - based on the good rep above....cheers lads:thumbup:

AGG221 is spot on, the bore is Nicasil plated and NOT Nitrided. If you do anything apart from a soft hone, the plating will be damaged and the saw won't be worth fixing. I use chemicals to remove the aluminium in a soft manner and then lightly hone/abrade with abrasive paper to ensure a good bore finish.

Pistons - you are limited for choice, if the saw is a keeper then I would recommend fitting an original piston, not cheap but the best solution as I don't believe a Meteor piston is available.

There is one BRANDED aftermarket piston available that is an option but would steer clear of any "White box" parts:thumbdown:

PM me if you want to talk - choice is yours - I have done MS880, Ms660, MS650, MS460, 395XP etc so some big kit!

How do you post threads on this site? Cheers

You have to go to the forum topic of your choice first. Most relevant to what you want to talk about. So for example. If I wanted chainsaw advice I will scroll down to the bottom of the page and there is a drop down menu. Called forum jump. Scroll on this until you see chainsaws, got to this and at the top there is a tap called new thread. This is how its down.

Top man Spud, dug me out of some holes on more than one occassion! And one of those occassions was after my 660 had been to the local stihl dealership for work :001_smile:

Always a pleasure, I guess the 066 is running well:thumbup:

Glad the fix is lasting, never did find why it went in the first place but glad all is well now.

Some say his pee is pure two stroke. Others say he has pistons for legs. All we know is he's called spud.

Yes - and I have been dreaming hedge trimmers most of the week thanks to the Wolfman:001_rolleyes::lol:

At least one of the three is fixed - the others will follow.

........and the wife keeps complaining about the state of the loo bowl:blushing::lol: