reported to council!!!

simonm

Why shouldn’t we be able to live in a country where you can put a sign on your gate advertising logs for sale, be it from your house or from your yard or from mars. Unless it’s a flashing neon sign advertising an industrial scale log processing facility what should it have to do with the planning department?

I get fed up with the type of retired village nimby that spends more of their time poking their nose into other people’s business than they do in supporting our economically challenged country.

In my previous post I mentioned identifying whether the parish council had been involved and in particular whether any discussion had taken place in the meetings about your sign; parish councils have a duty to be totally open about any discussions at meetings or even disclosing any private discussions between councillors. Might not be any use – but makes you feel a bit better if you can stir them up a bit!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They may have a duty to be totally open about the meetings, but I suspect more parish work is dealt with outside of the official meetings, in the privacy of their homes in the guise of coffee mornings and such like.

You are probably right.:001_smile:

I only include this as it might be useful to arbtalk members, as I went down this path in a ‘run in’ I had with the parish council

A request to ask whether the matter has been discussed in private.. “is covered in the section on ‘openness’ is in the pre amble to the Code of Conduct, it is general guidance on the way a councillor should behave and it does not form part of the Code (although it is likely that where a councillor has behaved in a way that goes against the preamble, the councillor will also have breached the Code of Conduct)”

“If the parish council holds information relating to you, in the majority of cases you are allowed to see or have copies of the information. If they have asked someone to gather information on their (the parish councils) behalf, you are, in most cases, able to see or have copies of it.”

Reference: local council Ethical Governance Officer

Why shouldn’t we be able to live in a country where you can put a sign on your gate advertising logs for sale, be it from your house or from your yard or from mars. Unless it’s a flashing neon sign advertising an industrial scale log processing facility what should it have to do with the planning department?

I get fed up with the type of retired village nimby that spends more of their time poking their nose into other people’s business than they do in supporting our economically challenged country.

In my previous post I mentioned identifying whether the parish council had been involved and in particular whether any discussion had taken place in the meetings about your sign; parish councils have a duty to be totally open about any discussions at meetings or even disclosing any private discussions between councillors. Might not be any use – but makes you feel a bit better if you can stir them up a bit!

I see your point, but we do need some controls on these things, lets say you move into a nice quiet cul-de-sac, nice quiet neighbours who have also moved there for the quiet life. Then one of the neighbours moves and the new neighbours starts running a garage from the property, various cars in different stages of repair littering the drive and others awaiting repair cluttering the road and the banging and clattering associated with car repair, or they start retailing some iteam or other and have people comeing to buy at all hours.

IMO there do need to be controls and its very difficult to know where the line needs to be drawn, its better to set a reasonably tight definition of residential to prevent people from ruining other people home lives.