TPO Seminar

Bundle 2

"I would have thought it was anyone who can pay. It is a revenue stream after all. "

I suppose so. It would go someway to explaining Tony's observation but I would think it is likely to be counterproductive in the longer term to "mis-sell " a course...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would have thought it was anyone who can pay. It is a revenue stream after all. "

I suppose so. It would go someway to explaining Tony's observation but I would think it is likely to be counterproductive in the longer term to "mis-sell " a course...

I have had a look trough it and I personally can’t see how the course is being miss sold. It is well described and the content is pertinent to the industry although some of the “blurb” might be a bit “over egged”.

I think there are those in Tree Officer roles that would benefit from such a course, not all are professional arborists. (not too long since I met an assistant TO who couldn’t identify Ustulina) but as Tony says it ought to be superfluous to most.

Colin certainly doesn’t seem to value the course or the organisation for that matter.

I did have a look for the price of the course but couldn’t find it. Anyone know what it costs?

Andy

" I have had a look trough it and I personally can’t see how the course is being miss sold. It is well described and the content is pertinent to the industry although some of the “blurb” might be a bit “over egged”. "

Pretty much what I said.......

I looked at the site and it has a bit of an unfinished feel to it....only a website but an important aspect of an organisations credibility I would have thought. It seems what...neglected...or something.

I did note Colin's absence from the members list....b4 he said owt as it happens. Am I to assume his post is indicative of anything......? They are promoting a course that looks like it may have some value.....Lets not get our wires crossed>>>>>>>??:001_smile:

Edited by Bundle 2
arbtalk technical hitch......

" I have had a look trough it and I personally can’t see how the course is being miss sold. It is well described and the content is pertinent to the industry although some of the “blurb” might be a bit “over egged”. "

Pretty much what I said.......

I looked at the site and it has a bit of an unfinished feel to it....only a website but an important aspect of an organisations credibility I would have thought. It seems what...neglected...or something.

I did note Colin's absence from the members list....b4 he said owt as it happens. Am I to assume his post is indicative of anything......? They are promoting a course that looks like it may have some value.....Lets not get our wires crossed>>>>>>>??:001_smile:

I certainly don’t think Colin needs this course but it is clearly a pertinent subject and there are those who will derive a great deal of benefit from it.

Andy

I also sat through this at Capel Manor in 2008, Its a good course but to be fair if you are able to read the little blue book and understand it you could save yourself some money. The updates offered are good though and on occasion i still receive the odd email.

I attended this 2 years ago

& the preconception was ' I know about TPo's i've got the blue book ' !

however it came highly reccommended so I went.

Dealga delivers the course & covers in depth more than the blue book info and a working knowledge of the system is paramount before you go,

it opened the eyes of many there including the TO's who attended

the preconception that Tpo s are sacred & untouchable once confirmed was laid bare

the devil is in the detail gentlemen

A Good course HOWEVER my major gripe is after two years & completing the assignment I am still awaiting the course certificate

Colin, we will have to chat about your membership of CAS...

The TPO workshop is aimed at everybody.

CAS sees this as a low but essential rung on the Consulting Arboriculture ladder.

The next one is tentatively scheduled for the end of Feb, somewhere in the NW, but it is dictated by the take up rate therefore any of you interested in attending, get your names to me fast ([email protected])

The helmet issue...! I did a risk assessment before this simulation of a climbing inspection and assessed the risk to myself as acceptable/negligable.

I take professional risks and have done so within Arboriculture for 24 years. I have one small scar on my forehead and numerous overlapping scars on my left index finger to show for all that horrendous risk taking.

The next chairman of CAS (as I am standing down in April having done the job for 7 years) may well want to replace that snap shot.

The criticism has been levelled at me because it is said that I in some ways represent the industry. In fact I only represent myself. Therefore it is for all or some of you to raise your own profile and promote what you believe to be important and not for me to adopt things that I don't necessarily believe in just so that I better represent you.

An opportunity for one of you to raise your profile presents itself in April at the CAS AGM which will be held again at Capel Manor's Celebration of Trees. The rest, is up to you....

The "venerable" David Lloyd-Jones (that's mine, I'm keeping it! ;-)

The cost is likely to remain similar to previous ones, between £80 and £90.

The Certificates are in process as this goes out, My apologies to all who are waiting for them but anybody who has successfully completed the workshop and assignment is then eligable for CAS Professional Membership which gives them the right to use the logo and to have their listing on the webpage relating to that Area of Professional Competence.

" The next one is tentatively scheduled for the end of Feb, somewhere in the NW "

David, I have e-mailed thru the CAS website an interest in attending this course.....I am assuming this is still the an effective method of notification.....? cheers.