Manual grapple for a mini digger?

blades

I have a fixed arm grapple for my mini- came from Digbits. They arn't ideal for picking up several bits of cordwood as the grapple is really big enough, they are however very good for picking up single largish sticks and also very good at picking up piles of brash (particularly blackthorn!) I can pick up a 2ft diameter stem with mine, i welded large 1 inch bolts onto the tips of the tines so that it really bites into the timber otherwise larger pieces have a habit of slipping out.

Defianetly reccomended on any machine bigger then 1.5t. Very quick at sorting brash from logs/ loading bonfires with piles of brash. I had to sort out a HUGE windblown beech and I sorted it in a couple of hours whereas it would have taken 2men at least two days to sort if the machine wasn't there.

Make sure the hinge pins which hold the two halves of the grapple together are greasable, some maufactureres don't do this.

I have a fixed arm grapple for my mini- came from Digbits. They arn't ideal for picking up several bits of cordwood as the grapple is really big enough, they are however very good for picking up single largish sticks and also very good at picking up piles of brash (particularly blackthorn!) I can pick up a 2ft diameter stem with mine, i welded large 1 inch bolts onto the tips of the tines so that it really bites into the timber otherwise larger pieces have a habit of slipping out.

Defianetly reccomended on any machine bigger then 1.5t. Very quick at sorting brash from logs/ loading bonfires with piles of brash. I had to sort out a HUGE windblown beech and I sorted it in a couple of hours whereas it would have taken 2men at least two days to sort if the machine wasn't there.

Make sure the hinge pins which hold the two halves of the grapple together are greasable, some maufactureres don't do this.

Cheers for the info :thumbup1:

Have one on my 1.5 tonne JCB great bit of kit and very solid. My dads not even bent it yet and he can break anything. Save alot of back breaking work. Got mine from a firm called ABILJO they make digger buckets and attachments for all size machines and cheaper than most

I have the grapple on my JCB 8018 supplied by the Bucket Warehouse it is without doubt the best attachment i have. From loading the 30 ton splitter and then back feeding the split timber to loading the processor it is a fantastic bit of kit. As mentioned in another post we also cleared a very large tree in next to no time without handling any timber. Don't hesitate buy it tomorrow!!