Please Sponsor me on my fundraiser "Ride to the Ballabu"

RobArb

Hi All,

Could i please ask for your assistance in either sponsoring me, or spreading the word about my fundraiser for The Ballabu Conservation Project | Facebook.

Next year in May/June 2013 I shall be visiting a place called the Makasutu Culture Forest with a few other Arbtalk members and i intend to raise some money for, what I feel, is a worthwhile project.

The idea behind the Ballabu Conservation Project of Gambia is to establish an 85 sq. km nature reserve for wildlife which encompasses 14 villages in which each village will be designated a community forest park to maintain as well as some local craft or eco-industries such as lodges, agro-projects, skills centres and recycling projects. The parks are located in such a way so as to give create a natural strip of land as a passageway for wild animals to freely move around between villages. The Ballabu Conservation area is located on the South bank of the River Gambia and will extend north up to Banjul. To achieve its aims the Makasutu Wildlife Trust had set up the Ballabu Wildlife Conservation Trust in late 2006.

More Information:

Another goal of Ballabu is to help reduce poverty among the local population through sustainable development and all projects will eventually pass on to the community to be wholly owned and operated.

The concept of the Ballabu Conservation Project is to create an 85sq kilometre conservation area, incorporating 14 Gambian villages. Each village will have a community forest park established, as well as some form of industry such as eco lodges, recycling plants, skill training centres, agriculture or livestock. The forest parks will also deliberately link up to create a wildlife corridor to allow the safe passage of animals through the villages.

The aim of the project is to alleviate poverty for the local people by making each village self-sustaining. These projects will be 100 percent community owned with the profits going into community development projects in the form of water resources, education, healthcare and renewable energy.

The Fundraiser

I plan to cycle, via and exercise bike and my own bicycle (weather and time permitting) the equivalent distance between my house and The Ballabu, a total distance of 6,293km. I plan to cycle this distance by achieving so many kilometers per day and I intend to "get there" before May 15th 2013. This works out at about 30km a day, everyday, from now until then.

I will be updating daily on my facebook page Ride to the Ballabu | Facebook through pictures and video, daily distances will be recorded and stored. Any exercise bike kilometers will be recorded on video, any bicycle kilometers will be recorded through the app "endomondo".

There is a donate button on my Arbography blog and I ask if you have any spare cash lying around, no matter how small the amount, then please find it in yourselves to donate to this cause. If you find you can't or don't want to donate could i please ask you to share and spread the word. It will be very much appreciated:thumbup1:

If you have any questions please ask:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...