timber prices

garth mc garth

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask yourself why it's been felled and left as well mate ! I know sweet chestnut is spitty but i'm sure you'd flog it on. Find a buyer first the guy on here Arborworks I think might be interested as he was talking to me before Chrimbo.

steve was telling me the other day, good hardwood delivered to your yard no bigger than 15 inches diameter is about 40 quid a ton. its about 6-9 ton for haulage i was told.

so lets say its worth 30 quid roadside.

you will need to do some workings on your costs for extracting. remember its green. so if you are planning on splitting and selling it will take time to get a return.

i would get a buyer to pick up from roadside and you just extract. you will get some better replies later on, i dont have any experience of this kind of work but i am tempted to go down the same route. good luck mate

There you go then, find firm buyers, get it in writing they'll have x amount at x price.

Like Stevie said i'd stick it at roadside and get them to arrange haulage. Tell them 30.00 a ton cost to them. You should easily extract it with your kit for 10.00 a ton leaving you 20.00 a ton profit :)

100 tons worth 3,000 at roadside

How much will it cost you to stick it at roadside ?

I wouldn't bother if it's only 50 tons, I'd sell it at stump to someone else for that.

Have you got to buy the wood ?