I have wood! However.....

dirty boy

That's going to be one fine looking log shed when completed :thumbup1:

As everyone has said, a moister meter is what you need, just remember you should test your wood on freshly split pieces as it may read 20% mc on the outside, split it and then it could read at 28% mc in the center.

Get a box 1m x 1m x 1m. See how much of the wood goes in it.....

Moisture meter - Amazon.

What you get on a truck is loose or throw cubic metre as steve said. You will need to throw it into the cube box randomly not stack neatly to be able to compare volume against the 5 cube load. If your log store is 5 cube and you stack a 5 cube load in it you will have room to spare and be disappointed!

Cheers for the responses guys.

I grabbed a moisture meter from Maplin on the way home, one particular bit of wood I had was 'soaked' so that's gone to the shed at the bottom of the garden for now.

I've become a bit obsessed with this wood business. I've got some stored in the dining room fireplace, the pile at the side of the house, a load in the shed and a temporary wood store made of two pallets and two fence panels on top!

Wish I had a barn like my old dear, she must have enough to last her the rest of her days.

Quite tempted on this £300 for 5m2 deal. That would give me a good back up, even if not perfectly seasoned, I won't need it until next year in any case.

I grabbed a moisture meter from Maplin on the way home, one particular bit of wood I had was 'soaked' so that's gone to the shed at the bottom of the garden for now.

I've become a bit obsessed with this wood business. I've got some stored in the dining room fireplace, the pile at the side of the house, a load in the shed and a temporary wood store made of two pallets and two fence panels on top!

Wish I had a barn like my old dear, she must have enough to last her the rest of her days.

Quite tempted on this £300 for 5m2 deal. That would give me a good back up, even if not perfectly seasoned, I won't need it until next year in any case.

60.00 a cube delivered from dereham for hardwood is a very good price.

Thats the way we all get

Squirrelling the stuff away in every conceivable place

Can't quite make it out from the photo you posted but are you planning to have joist hangers off the dwarf wall?

Yes, there are joist hangars there, but they leave too much of a gap when hanging off the dwarf wall, so I'm going to chase them into the brick below and get them so there's only 2/3" of gap underneath.

Also, went to finish it off this weekend, but I was 20 tiles short! I thought I could lay them 3 deep, but that leaves just a bit too much gap for my liking.

God knows where I'm going to get 20 clay hand made pan tiles from! Might have to go to the old dears' house and pinch some off the cart lodges or barns lol!

I'll definitely post pics up when finished.