Red diesel entitlement?

Hill-Billy

Easy enough to rig up 3 way solenoids to switch feeds and returns to separate tanks like a twin tank veg oil kit, if your that way inclined of course. As for chippers there's never been a reason not to, although I know someone who runs theirs exclusively on white because they can't be bothered to get red!

you can run all plant machinery on red diesel as long as it is for site use so a tracked or tow behind chipper can be run on red!

you can use red diesel in tractors, unimogs ect on the road for agricultural or forestry applications as long as the vehicle you are using it in is registered as an agric machine & the machine is being used for an agric or forestry application

if you are using the machine for what is termed as haulage i.e moving split logs from your yard to a customers home it would be considered to be haulage & you would have to run on white diesel but if you were hauling cord wood out of the forest to your yard that is classed as forestry work!

that is how the vosa & customs men explained it to me when i was pulled over to have my tractor tank dipped i was towing my digger behind the tractor which they classed as haulage untill i told them i was moving from one section of the farm to another to clear drainage ditches which he said would be classed as agric use so let me off as he could not prove that i was not using the machine in a non agric application

he also told me that they had just caught 2 of the local councils forestry department tractors to be running on red whilst hauling cordwood timber from the councils main yard to a job site in town this was classed as haulage as the cord had not come direct from the forest!

basically running on red can be a grey area it boils down to what vosa can prove on the information they have so if you were to tell them you were hauling cord from a forestry job site back to your yard you are not breaking the law is how i read it from what i have been told & from my close shave with the hm revenue & customs man

if anybody else knows different please let me know as i could do without my machine being siezed!!