Meindl Timberking boots

Chris Sheppard

Has anyone tried the Meindl Timberking boots yet?

Meindl Timberking

I'd gone to the APF with the intention of coming away with a new pair of Haix Tibet Forest's but could only find two people selling them, one didn't have the size I wanted and the other, when I asked about warranty, said that I was best forgetting Haix altogether since they've changed factories and should go for the Meindl Woodlander (or whatever it's called).

I've seen the timberkings previously and while they look a bit dodgy, are supposed to be absolutley fantastic in the woods.

I saw them in the flesh for the first time on the Treeworker stand at the APF but they didn't have many pairs and not my size, but they are getting more in stock due to the huge amount of interest they'd had.

Failing that, does anyone have any suggestions as to a good foresty boot? We do a bit of arb but not much and I don't climb either.

I want high leg, hard wearing boot with a proper sole, decent tread and other than the Tibet Forest, not a Haix boot. Prefer goretex lined but not critical, and price not too much of a concern if they are going to be comfy and last a while :001_smile:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meindl Timberking

I'd gone to the APF with the intention of coming away with a new pair of Haix Tibet Forest's but could only find two people selling them, one didn't have the size I wanted and the other, when I asked about warranty, said that I was best forgetting Haix altogether since they've changed factories and should go for the Meindl Woodlander (or whatever it's called).

I've seen the timberkings previously and while they look a bit dodgy, are supposed to be absolutley fantastic in the woods.

I saw them in the flesh for the first time on the Treeworker stand at the APF but they didn't have many pairs and not my size, but they are getting more in stock due to the huge amount of interest they'd had.

Failing that, does anyone have any suggestions as to a good foresty boot? We do a bit of arb but not much and I don't climb either.

I want high leg, hard wearing boot with a proper sole, decent tread and other than the Tibet Forest, not a Haix boot. Prefer goretex lined but not critical, and price not too much of a concern if they are going to be comfy and last a while :001_smile:

I have tried the Scarpa boots with the steel screw on instep, which have fantastic grip. But the steel instep makes driving the tractor hard, so i have never kept them on. They have proved to be very waterproof, but the stiching is falling apart in less than six months. I will ringing Honey brothers as i am not happy with there build quality.

My previous boots Clima airs lasted six years, have a good sole, and were very comfy. I want them back.

I have tried the Scarpa boots with the steel screw on instep, which have fantastic grip. But the steel instep makes driving the tractor hard, so i have never kept them on. They have proved to be very waterproof, but the stiching is falling apart in less than six months. I will ringing Honey brothers as i am not happy with there build quality.

My previous boots Clima airs lasted six years, have a good sole, and were very comfy. I want them back.

Meindl Timberking

HI CHRIS i have a pair of meindl army boots there very good for walking in mate £30 new off ebay and at the show i got a pair meindl found boots there nice thanks jon :thumbup:

Meindl Timberking

HI CHRIS i have a pair of meindl army boots there very good for walking in mate £30 new off ebay and at the show i got a pair meindl found boots there nice thanks jon :thumbup:

Did try on a pair of meindls while at the show so at least can order a pair knowing they'll fit.

Had forgotten about the Tirol fighters - does anyone know anywhere that's any cheaper than HB @ £205?

Going to have to get some ordered soon as my curent boots feel even worse - a constant reminder I should have at least bought something at the APF :blushing:

Did try on a pair of meindls while at the show so at least can order a pair knowing they'll fit.

Had forgotten about the Tirol fighters - does anyone know anywhere that's any cheaper than HB @ £205?

Going to have to get some ordered soon as my curent boots feel even worse - a constant reminder I should have at least bought something at the APF :blushing: