Not a proper chipper

bofh

At the moment we do very little tree work and it's normally on a small scale, we currently use a domestic electric chipper.

So recently I've been looking to upgrade it slightly :biggrin: Whilst I'd love a GM 100 I really can't afford that kind of money.

So I'd like peoples opinions on small petrol chippers, ideally I'd like something with a decent feed shoot and be able to handle 3" brash, a directional output shoot would also be handy to have.

Any tips other than a small fortune on a professional setup?

Frankly my friend,

The G.M CS100 is small beer money for the value it gives and anything else just a waste of said beer money.

I know, I'm a 'user'...:blushing:

You know the type, bought one so rants about how good it is to hide the error of his purchase...BUT NOT I!:thumbup1:

We started with a CS100 which helped us on our way to a QuadChip.

Anything smaller than a CS100 is just REALLY SMALL.:thumbdown:

Don't go smaller, go CS100 or bigger!

Regards

Ty

(Now PeteB where is my beer money...?):biggrin:

I know you're right and I really do want one, but my budget is about a quarter of what the CS100 costs. I was hoping to get something half decent second hand, then put by some money until I can afford a CS100.

My other current option is to get a trailer and pile the lot up rather than chip it, but I'm still trying to find myself a disused corner of land to use as a yard.... It would be right handy to win the lotto and not have to build stuff up slowly, but such is life :-)

If you can find and old entec (timberwolf) the are great little chippers and parts are easy to get hold of.

You can pick up the odd entec/timbrtwolf treebusta for 1-2 grand.

Mine would handle 3 inch stuff easily.

They were really well built and go anywhere.

As Ty says the bigger the better but if youre on a tight budget then a treebusta is a good solution. I had one for 3 years and only sold it when I upgraded to a road-tow machine.

Thanks guys, I'll look into a treebusta, just the name makes me want one :-) Although now that I think about it, would I be able to hire out myself and a CS100...... I'm hoping to go for my CS30/31 in a few weeks.

So what chances do you think I might have grounding for others in my area (Kent) using the CS100? Would I be able to make it pay for itself I wonder..

I know you're right and I really do want one, but my budget is about a quarter of what the CS100 costs. I was hoping to get something half decent second hand, then put by some money until I can afford a CS100.

My other current option is to get a trailer and pile the lot up rather than chip it, but I'm still trying to find myself a disused corner of land to use as a yard.... It would be right handy to win the lotto and not have to build stuff up slowly, but such is life :-)

It has done me prowd for the last five years. If i need a chipper for realy big job then i hire one in.