Mortgage/subsidence reports

sloth

Hi all, looking for advice/experiences regarding the above-mentioned.

I don't currently do these reports as I feel I lack the necessary knowledge. I am looking at the courses run by the AA (with G Biddles books included), Treelife, and the module from Myerscough. I understand that the Myerscough course is the only AMUIG approved course, correct? I am trying to work out if it is worth my while/money in terms of a return from work.

I have several questions and would appreciate any answers or comments!

1 does anyone know the cost of treelifes course?

2 does anyone know if there is much demand for these reports in the southeast, and if the AMUIG accreditation is meaningful?

3 cheeky one, what is the going rate for such reports?

4 have you attended any of said courses, how did you rate it in relation to the real world?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance!

Ps. If I were to advertise such reports before doing any course, to test the market, would anyone on the Essex Suffolk border want to sub to me?

If anyone would rather, feel free to pm or email.

Kev

Think it's going to depend on how much the course costs.ive done a few insurance jobs but not a huge demand of work for you I wouldn't of thought. Biggest trend seems to be 5837 at the moment. If course isn't that expensive it def something to add to the website though. Also mite depend how urban/rural ur based.

Jake:thumbup1:

Hi there,

These reports can be complex and can, potentially, expose the author to significant liability issues. Hence appropraite PI insurance is paramount, inc. for these types of report (check the small print.)

In all honesty, unlike perhaps a tree condition report, I would suggest these are better left to the expereinced consultants...which of course you may be.

Cheers all..

Paul