Rope Knight Throw weight

Paul Smith

The Vinyl protective sleeve is what I use more often.

It is bright Red and highly visible. Works well to dampen impacts that we find necessary in an urban environment. And adds a nice bit of weight 1.2 oz.

Foam and rubber, and suggestive arrangement in the ad.:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this Paul.

That seals the deal for me because I can't throw for sh1t. I use the BigShot for everything over 35ft and if the branch is under that I throw my Highball like a ball, funnily enough.

As mentioned on another thread, I've found the Highball effective because it's much more accurate than a throw bag but if it hits a branch on the way up it bounces like a mutha. Not always a bad thing though.

Do I want a RopeKnight? Yes!

Will I get one? Don't know.

Sadly it's still a lot of dosh and I can't see that it can make me more profitable although I do agree with every one of Thomas' arguements for the advantages.

It will surely make life easier though and that is the benefit lies for me. If I ever get that spare money lieing around I'll get one.

Well, we can agree on the advantages so maybe we can work out the costs of throw balls compared to RopeArmor? This image sums it all up pretty well.

My personal numbers as the principle arborist for my biz, add up to a savings/profit of approximately 1 to 2 Thousand dollars per year. I throw and isolate ropes 3 to 4 times per week. I have gained 1 to 3 hours per week plus the extended life of the throwline. RopeArmour is a throw weight device/access system . RopeArmour is much more than just a throw weight; it is six tools in one. We have done our best to improve the classic throw ball and system. An arbclimber who is searching for something different and an improvement can check out the RopeKnight. RopeArmour advantages are quite clear and so add up to wise investment.

Please, if you can input your own numbers to quantify the saving/profit of RopeKnight in comparison to traditional throw bags.

How many throw bags a year do you use?

Is your throwline being retired prematurely, damaged excessively or replaced?

How many hours are lost due to snags and jams?

How many hours are lost due to throw line snags and jams?

How much time and money are you spending replacing or repairing throw bags?

How much time and money is lost due to uncooperative throw bags?

How much aggravation is your throw ball causing you? Is Life too short for throwing a bag?

Another interesting note is I can now trust my groundies to launch it. With instruction and practice I can trust them to BigShot for me. Actual throwing of a RopeKnight takes much more practice.

For some the numbers may add up in favour of the RopeKnight and for others the Throw ball.

RopeArmour is a task specific multipurpose throw weight device and system that responds and performs

Precisely as we ask of it. Smooth, fast, predictable, adaptable, customizable, strong, accurate, higher, further and safer.

We guarantee it! Our Guarantee is the only throw weight in the industry offered for a Life Time! Plus we guarantee better performance than the traditional bag.

597663c029cdb_MoneyUKpound.jpg.c94941c0111577f3fcbfab52f87a8dad.jpg

Brilliant Thomas. I've just been looking at that diagram on The Treehouse. Hahaha.

It's all very compelling.

FYI, I can answer some of your questions.

I estimate I loose 1hr per week due to throw line tangles and throw ball inaccuracies.

I go through 1 throw line per year using Zingit but I'm about to start using Dynaglide so that may improve.

I don't know how many bags I go through because I've bought three in two years and still have all three.

Based on these answers, the Rope Knight is expensive for me.

Still want one though because I'm an impatient cuss and don't like messing with 'miss fires'.

If I climbed big trees most if the time I'd buy a Rope Knight in a flash.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Brilliant Thomas. I've just been looking at that diagram on The Treehouse. Hahaha.

It's all very compelling.

FYI, I can answer some of your questions.

I estimate I loose 1hr per week due to throw line tangles and throw ball inaccuracies.

I go through 1 throw line per year using Zingit but I'm about to start using Dynaglide so that may improve.

I don't know how many bags I go through because I've bought three in two years and still have all three.

Based on these answers, the Rope Knight is expensive for me.

Still want one though because I'm an impatient cuss and don't like messing with 'miss fires'.

If I climbed big trees most if the time I'd buy a Rope Knight in a flash.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ok thanks so much for your numbers.:001_smile:

So it look likes a loss of 2 hours per month of throw ball inaccuracies.

What does that equate to? Approximately 1oo pounds sterling per month or 1000 per year of innaccuracies?:001_huh:

Is that about right?

Ok thanks so much for your numbers.:001_smile:

So it look likes a loss of 2 hours per month of throw ball inaccuracies.

What does that equate to? Approximately 1oo pounds sterling per month or 1000 per year of innaccuracies?:001_huh:

Is that about right?

Damn it, these is no escape! :lol::lol:

So it's only a matter of time now.

On a serious note, will you be coming to Britain this year? The shipping makes it very expensive.

Damn it, these is no escape! :lol::lol:

So it's only a matter of time now.

On a serious note, will you be coming to Britain this year? The shipping makes it very expensive.

I wish

I truly miss your Black Rat Cider, the country side and pretty women!:thumbup:

My third yr study tour was London and country side in 85 and in 98 for your Arbor Fair.

Shipping, hopefully a distributor will stock RopeKnights in the UK.

New talks have started and information needs to be shared.

Some of that info being what an arbclimber values a device of this nature

Cheers

Off the top, what do you think is a fair price for 2 pieces of machined and anodized ali, 1 piece of machined stainless steel and a machined coupling bolt that is Guaranteed for Life? An appropriate comparison would be something along the lines of RopeKnight to Ropewrench, Positioner, etc.

Here is the pics again for closer examination/valuation.

597663c7dc9e6_RASpotlight.jpg.9334981af9c6e648c334ff950db8f1c0.jpg

<=> Hard anodized ali, optimal geometric shape and near frictionless finish all work together to help prevent a tree or tree part failure when isolating the TIP, retrieving the RK and positioning the access rope.

A situation where the tree has high potential failure and any shaking, wiggling etc could cause a failure. A failure before the tree or tree part is properly secured.

The picture is of a Gleditsia that failed in a Backyard and any shaking or the accumulative effect od shaking of the tree prior to the install of securing ropes may have damaged a pretty cool landscape and pond with fishys.