Rope Knight Throw weight

Paul Smith

Can you add different weights for trees having tougher bark causing more friction? or what does it currently weigh? I have just started using two throwlines to help manipulate them on overthrows or through branches so you would still need to have a throwline or two of the ropeknights? It will be good to see the video or even see one being used to see benefits.

Hey Ben

Yep you can add weight, totally customizable and easily to with common rod or even nuts and bolts. There is cavity that fits 5/8" rod so up to 2 ounces can be added in Brass and little less than that if its steel or you can slide on a sleeve for another couple of ounces. Weight starts at 8 or 10oz.

Honestly I was 12oz bag thrower before the Rk and find because the Rk is fast and smooth through the crown all the weight is not necessary but for insurance I will let it drop and attach another Rk in perfect tandem to isolate the tip for example in big ol dirty conifer or scrubby ol Bur Oak.

Two RKs are not necessary just makes it easier for isolating. Two throwlines works great but I have better luck avoiding snagging another line and let the Rks do there job. Throwline is my new nemesis now. I am trying to improve my system.

My biz is to get in the tree as fast as possible. I start making real money once I am in the tree.

Check out the vids I put together here. RopeArmor - YouTube

Cheers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas, I used it enough to get a feel for it, had a couple close calls with bounced throws, tried it in the big shot, it kept whacking the poles on release.

Namaste' :)

I experienced this a few times as well. .:001_huh:

Nothing or no one is perfect. A little to the left or the right or forward or along the pole will cause it to tip the head of BigShot, no harm ever came of it.

Its in the release and the way it is pulled and held in the pouch. Same idea as the Long Gun technique the two sides of the rubber allow for some discrepancies.

Keep everything centred true and its all sky high from there.:001_smile:

i havent had the device long enough to make up my mind yet, im having to relearn to throw as i cant really get on with throwing one handed and i dont get on with the "long gun" technique. i will however attest to how well the rope shield works at getting rope into and past tight crotches.

and yeah DAK, we will have it to use in Africa my friend :)

dont know, i think its because the device is longer than a rocket and having the eye away from it, makes it just feel different to throw.

BUT im using it and looking forward to seeing how i get on-thats the trouble with using one device (HR) for so long, its real hard to swap to something different as you have to learn all over again. similar to srt v dbrt.

Right on, thanks for input.:001_smile:

Rk is 6.5" or 16.5 cm long. We worked hard to match length with weight plus having the ability to personalize weight customizable. So the length is mostly to allow the insertion of 2 oz metal rod or the like.

We can make it a bit shorter by a few centimetres or more but then the addition of weight is limited.

Do you think the length is a deal breaker? or is the weight customise-abilty as important or less so than having a shorter weight?

We have designs that function short or long, light to heavy. Adding to the confusion and adding to the cost.:confused1:

We can do what ever you want? As you wish. Made to order!:thumbup1:

Cheers