Marlow Boa lanyard

Arran Turner

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Arran, have you considered using a dynamic rope for your lanyard if you're intent on going so thin? boa is prety strong but not so strong if shock loaded & dont forget: when you go thin on you're lanyard you may well need to go thinner on your hitch/ tie a different hitch. Comercially if not keen on super thin main lines or lanyards it doesnt matter how strong they are or what their made of they will cut through far too easy

hi Arran, have you considered using a dynamic rope for your lanyard if you're intent on going so thin? boa is prety strong but not so strong if shock loaded & dont forget: when you go thin on you're lanyard you may well need to go thinner on your hitch/ tie a different hitch. Comercially if not keen on super thin main lines or lanyards it doesnt matter how strong they are or what their made of they will cut through far too easy

It doesnt matter the thickness of rope a silky or a saw will cut through it just as easily being 8 mm or 13mm, you could use a cinch as an adjuster or use some ocean vectran, the cord doesnt have to be heat resistant as it is only a lanyard as long as its rated, Its odd to be schock loading a lanyard i cant really think of many occasions when this has happened.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I had 'sports strop'? using dynamic 10mm line for about 2yrs, its very light and easy to use, worth a try if you just want light kit for certain jobs.

But over time the core started to compress and bunch up, so the prussic started to jam.

I think a tougher 10mm>11mm rope is a better option.

It doesnt matter the thickness of rope a silky or a saw will cut through it just as easily being 8 mm or 13mm, you could use a cinch as an adjuster or use some ocean vectran, the cord doesnt have to be heat resistant as it is only a lanyard as long as its rated, Its odd to be schock loading a lanyard i cant really think of many occasions when this has happened.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

really????

i know a silky is capable of either, i cut over 1000 peices of rope & cord each year of varling diamiters with knifes & scissors both serated & smooth, trust me the thicker the cord the harder it is to cut through :biggrin: