Circular Saw replacement or Sharpening

baz

• 1 month later...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aagghh one of the lads took my 900mm tct blade to precision saws today to get a sharpen.He was half way home when my phone rang it was precision saws turns out they cant handle a 900mm blade so the lad had to turn around & head back.How annoying lost time & money.By the way i had phoned them & disscused blade a couple of weeks ago.Girl manning the phone musnt of relised how big 900mm is.

So its now at North Shields Grinding gonna have to bite the bullet & purchase a spare blade been quoated £856 plus vat & carriage its alot of money but need the proccesor running everyday :confused1:

aagghh one of the lads took my 900mm tct blade to precision saws today to get a sharpen.He was half way home when my phone rang it was precision saws turns out they cant handle a 900mm blade so the lad had to turn around & head back.How annoying lost time & money.By the way i had phoned them & disscused blade a couple of weeks ago.Girl manning the phone musnt of relised how big 900mm is.

So its now at North Shields Grinding gonna have to bite the bullet & purchase a spare blade been quoated £856 plus vat & carriage its alot of money but need the proccesor running everyday :confused1:

Suggest you chase Gerrymet for a cost.

A

Mr T aylor have you tried Ernest Bennets in Darlington

They can do any size blade they did our last 5ft dia blade

They do my palax blades , and they make them , i have one on order at the moment i will let you know an exact price but around £500

No i havent Bussy Daddy thanks for that the blade i want is for a palax 90s.Yeah let me know price cheers:thumbup:

The cheapest place to buy a blade from is caledonian forestry for your palax bennets is a little more but i find it cuts better they make them from slightly thicker metal so they tend not wobble at speed so much

They can retooth as well but you loose a bit of diameter

i think they said it was a third of the price of a new one to retooth