Stihl 026

minnnt

What are people's opinions on these saws? I'm not sure what year it is, but it looks in relative good condition. It has a 16inch bar and chain, and comes with a new spare chain.

What is the maximum people would pay in this site for one?

Thanks in advance, David.

I think the 026 is a great little ground saw. Nice and easy to use (a lot of the colleges use them), not too heavy but with a surprising amount of grunt. Couldn't really say a price not too good on second hand equipment prices. Before you buy though make sure to check the compression!!

Many people are split on here about the 026 and the MS260, there is a bit of a discussion in the log chopping saw thread about them at the moment. I have an old 026 and its been great, never gone wrong (touch wood) and always works. As for the price at the moment i have no idea as mine is 7 years old and i paid £200 for it second hand then!

I also have all the manuals for it as a pgf file should you need them!! good luck

Don't know where you are in Notts, but I used to live in Nottingham, and found the Stihl dealers to be totally useless. I ended up changing to Husqy, and I've never looked back.

My fisrt saw was an 026, and it did do pretty well. I bought an MS260, which I still have, and I've had a lot of problems with it. As I speak, it's at the bottom ofmy chainsaw cupboard, waiting for me to find out what's wrong with it this time..