iveco owners / mpg / weight

Dr.Green

thinking of getting a iveco 5T 3.0 6 speed , any body got one ? looking at mpg - also itscurrently got a tipper bed on it , any body know the average weights

just looking beyound the trandsit weight restrictions .

and for what id pay for a newer van , say 8-10k i could get a iveco ex lowmiles council for 5k , leaving change for my C1 liecence and alloy chip box

also ive never driven one but at the mo i drive a w-reg tranny , so anythings going to be more comfortable , plus the transit got a heavy clutch which is no good for my knee problem

cheers

Used to drive a 14C50 which was the 140hp 5 tonner (though ours was downplated to 3.5t) and it was a nice thing to drive when loaded and towed really well.

MPG was low 20's and the tank was pretty small - it was the high roof MWB van so don't know if the tipper would be a bit different on fuel.

We did once put a 2.5T mini digger in the back - which would have only just been over weigth on the 5t GVW if it was still plated that way (didn't drive it on the road though) and the suspension hardly moved - am sure it would have took it quite well.

edit - our van weighed about 2750kg with a driver and full tank of fuel

cheers , realy want something that pulls the weight and not all the cash deep out the pocket.

ive seen a 5.2t at a good price - il take a guess it weighs 2.8 - thou if it got the bed removed and alloy chip box could then carry 2T easy

im getting 75 miles to £20 in the transit , but tbh , you end up putting juice in every day so makes no difference what your driving