employment rights

dent

Were you subbing? If not inform the employer that you require them to pay an NI contribution and you will be speaking to HMRC regarding how much tax you should pay on monies earned from their company. If he aint squeeky clean in those areas he may just pay for your silence :thumbup1:. Worth a go!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is one to put down to experience. You wouldnt have travelled, fair comment, but you would still have to eat. Accomodation is no longer cheap, £100 a week? How about the employers point of view, you wanted a job, which he had, you used his accomodation for a week so he couldnt charge anyone else for that if he so wished. You say you wanted the job, but you left it, and let him down with no real notice. IMO you have inconvenienced them more than they inconvenienced you. They now have to try and find a replacement to do their work at short notice. I think in this situation youre lucky to get £25 cash.

What were the guys family circumstances? Surely something in your life has happened family wise which made you think the whole world and its dog can go to hell for all you care, you need to be with your family! If not your'e a lucky guy and trust me the day will come to us all!

What were the guys family circumstances? Surely something in your life has happened family wise which made you think the whole world and its dog can go to hell for all you care, you need to be with your family! If not your'e a lucky guy and trust me the day will come to us all!

Yes and under those circumstances you would think stuff the job and stuff the money, thats fine, but you can't then once this has settled down think, "I'd like some money now":sneaky2:

Yeah, like you wouldnt even believe mate! And Im now pulling everything back together myself, probably the biggest challenge of my life. But even when my crap hit the fan, i made sure people who needed to know were kept in the picture. This has paid dividends. But then I dont quit.

Yes and under those circumstances you would think stuff the job and stuff the money, thats fine, but you can't then once this has settled down think, "I'd like some money now":sneaky2:

Why not, He earned it, or am i missing something:confused1:. If you had a crisis would you just not bother to collect money owed from jobs you have done. If im reading your post right your customers (in your own opinion) would be right to refuse you payment after a certain ammount of time if you did'nt attempt to collect it due to a crisis :001_huh::001_rolleyes:

Yeah, like you wouldnt even believe mate! And Im now pulling everything back together myself, probably the biggest challenge of my life. But even when my crap hit the fan, i made sure people who needed to know were kept in the picture. This has paid dividends. But then I dont quit.

Good on ya:thumbup1:. I allways like to hear that people can get through bad times no matter what life throws at them.

Never forget the folks who were there for you in tough times and never never forget the ones who were'nt :thumbup:

Why not, He earned it, or am i missing something:confused1:. If you had a crisis would you just not bother to collect money owed from jobs you have done. If im reading your post right your customers (in your own opinion) would be right to refuse you payment after a certain ammount of time if you did'nt attempt to collect it due to a crisis :001_huh::001_rolleyes:

Apples and oranges really.

If I agreed to do a job for a client, then walked away without notice leaving him with additional expense I probably wouldn't be banging on his door for my full fee.

Apples and oranges really.

If I agreed to do a job for a client, then walked away without notice leaving him with additional expense I probably wouldn't be banging on his door for my full fee.

Me personally, i'd pay the kid. Leaving is something it sounds like he probably didn't want to do from the sounds of his post.

When the chips are down in bad times it seems some types of people enjoy kicking you while you are there:thumbdown:. He did the week, pay the week IMO.

What goes around and all that!

Me personally, i'd pay the kid. Leaving is something it sounds like he probably didn't want to do from the sounds of his post.

When the chips are down in bad times it seems some types of people enjoy kicking you while you are there:thumbdown:. He did the week, pay the week IMO.

What goes around and all that!

I fully agree with you and alluded to that in my original post. The employer has (by the sound of things) acted with questionable morals even if he didn't do anything legally wrong. I'd like to think that if I was that employer I would have played things slightly differently.

However, I also don't think that it's worth making much fuss about - bitterness can become very consuming.