Mission Statement (layout)

leafcut

Hello all, have aquired a job where the customer requests that a "mission statement" is included as well as a copy of my liability insurance and a risk assesment. Is there a good soul out there who could forward me a mission statemet including the content and how it is written etc. I would simply change the circumstances etc. I have an idea but have not done one before so need a little help, kindest regards...Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.

Do they mean "method statement"

A mission statement is usually more to do with your long term aims/goals and moral intententions of your business and not really anything to do with any one particular job and so wouldnt be needed.

A method statement is simply a list of key facts that you intend to adhere to in the process of the job that it relates to. So for the job you have coming up write down how your going to do it.

Get Spikes out of bag.

Cut down tree

Pick up sticks

Go to pub.

I would go into some more detail if I were you but it needed be much.

Do they mean "method statement"

A mission statement is usually more to do with your long term aims/goals and moral intententions of your business and not really anything to do with any one particular job and so wouldnt be needed.

A method statement is simply a list of key facts that you intend to adhere to in the process of the job that it relates to. So for the job you have coming up write down how your going to do it.

Get Spikes out of bag.

Cut down tree

Pick up sticks

Go to pub.

I would go into some more detail if I were you but it needed be much.

That sounds more likely Rupe. It also wouldn't surprise me if a customer, regurgitating some drivel they're heard elsewhere, got it wrong and did indeed ask for a mission statement.... 'I will be the best that I can be, be kind to children and animals, respect the earth and make zillions of pounds while I'm at it' :biggrin:

Yes, I have no doubt they said "mission" but I dont think thats what they meant.

Even a method statement is a bit uneccesary, the RA shoul dcover it but it is common to be asked for a method. Ideally it should be in the quote. "We will lower pieces with ropes to prevent damage" etc. then they can see what they are actually paying for.

Yes it was definately a "mission" statement, (reminded me of my days in the military) which is why I remembered it. I agree, "method" is probably the correct term. One person asked if I had a "health & safety certificate" ???, did some enquiries and found that under current legislation if you have more than 5 employees you will need one, but with less than 5 one merely needs to show that all hse regs etc are compiled with. When I pointed this out to the enquirer -they had presumed it covered all contractors as other companies had more personel...We live and learn...regards...Nick.

Yes it was definately a "mission" statement, (reminded me of my days in the military) which is why I remembered it. I agree, "method" is probably the correct term. One person asked if I had a "health & safety certificate" ???, did some enquiries and found that under current legislation if you have more than 5 employees you will need one, but with less than 5 one merely needs to show that all hse regs etc are compiled with. When I pointed this out to the enquirer -they had presumed it covered all contractors as other companies had more personel...We live and learn...regards...Nick.

No, with less than 5 you still need a RA, but it does not need to be written, a verbal is OK.

I think he was talking about a "heath and safety certificate" not an RA, but again the terminology is not quite right, its a "health and safety policy" and you write it yourself, its not a certificate of anything. But he's right, with less than 5 employees you done HAVE to have it, but that doesnt mean that I potential client cant ask (and expect) to see one if they choose to.