confined ash dismantle

testcricket01

Fair do's, you work how you work and if it works that's good, I'd prob do a smaller section and cut a couple of hand helds in that situation and chuck em while the groundie sorts the main branch, just think its easier to grab the tips and walk backwards while lowering my self. :thumbup1:

Yep every tree is different every climber is different every groundie is different why videos and pictures never show the true job long as it gets done well who cares about the inbetween bits :thumbup1:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did when i could but the low branches cant be tip tied or butt tied as there wasnt room under them higher up isnt a issue for it low down they need to be balanced so not to brake the fences

?...... could tip tie as far out as possible, groundie takes the slack, you gob in the top of the branch close in to the trunk and undercut slowly upwards while the groundie pulls the branch vertically. Cut the hinge through and lower butt end down to the side of your obstacle as they are easily movable when hanging vertically.

Just an idea when the branch to loo long to swing beneath.

This is generally alot quicker than cradling.

The job got done, and was done safely so that's kinda the idea! Just my 2 pennies worth.

• 3 weeks later...