New harness, but which one?

timberbear

I'm about to replace my Treeflex harness with a harness that gives a bit more support to my back. I'm not to concerned about how flexible the harness makes me, I'm changing because I'm not flexible anymore. Just need a harness that supports the back, my arms will do the rest. So I've tried the Treemotion and the Skylotec. The tree motion looked good but certainly not as supportive as the Skylotec. In fairness I've only used both for a morning each. Today I was given the Harkie to try out, good leg supports and back support, it's been lent to me by a local supplier so can't go and get it dirty but it certainly felt comfortable. Does anyone have any views or experience of the above. Although I've been climbing for over twenty years I now only climb when I really have too! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339607436.550633.jpg.cb403d44aa6a9dbaee05859db37762c8.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339607408.966307.jpg.6ec765cf6990d885ffda9db05f74e1fa.jpg

Can't really help much with your quest, as I'm sure you are aware modern harnesses are generally designed for freedom of movement so won't support your lower back in the way you want.

Do you think the treeflex is aggravating your back issues?

Cheers Slack, can't make the Arb show this year too much on! Usually folk have a lot to say on here but obviously harnesses arnt a good talking subject. I might just get all three!

Its not that we don't want to talk about it mate, its just one of those subjects that crop up all the time, there are loads of threads on what harness and pretty much all them will say try on before you buy, i have a skylotec and for lower back support i think its great, loads of freedom also, but as slack has said already it maybe the case of what is comfy to me may not be for you. what arb shops are close to you, i would really recommend you try some out first mate......

Its not that we don't want to talk about it mate, its just one of those subjects that crop up all the time, there are loads of threads on what harness and pretty much all them will say try on before you buy, i have a skylotec and for lower back support i think its great, loads of freedom also, but as slack has said already it maybe the case of what is comfy to me may not be for you. what arb shops are close to you, i would really recommend you try some out first mate......

I wear a sequoia srt, and it helps my back, nice light harness too !!:thumbup1: