decisions decisions

AlvinD

The usual story, I have been made temp redundant with very little prospect of permanent work for the rest of the year. I started out in this industry two years ago and finally felt at home in a job i thoroughly enjoyed! Problem is as with everyone bills need to be paid. Ive been offered a factory job producing aeroplane fusilage to some decription (wages are fairley decent). Do I hold pnto the job i love so dearly or become a brainless robot in the aviation industry!??

i worked with a lad a couple of years ago who came from jaguar landrover building cars on a production line to do tree work again (second stint). We both left the company around the same time, i left to work nearer to home doing tree work and he left to go back to jag when they started buliding the Range rover evoque.

He is on a far better wage than me but puts the long hour shifts in, the shifts are set, holidays are set, you aren't allowed to be off sick, blah blah strict blah (they have even had a death at the factory) but he must be averaging £20+ after overtime, sometimes more...

I get a text off him occasionally, usually when the weather is nice saying how fat he has become, how he misses tree work and how he misses working outside, but the money is too good to turn down!

I suppose you need to also make that decision, do you forfeit your potential happiness for a more wealthy position, or, like the rest of us here, do you do a job you love!

whatever your decision, make sure its the right one for you:thumbup: