Hot,Hot, Hot How to survive the heat!!!

Mark Cattell

Why do certain individuals always poo poo advise...

The point of sharing experiences and learning from our fellow arborists is what this forum is all about... 'man up' is not really very constructive in terms of advise or support.

The aim of the game is to stay strong, effective and therefore safe during your working life, so thanks to all you who have had some really sound input to this discussion.. to all the others I'd like to say 'man up' don't be scared to use your brain its not that difficult.... and it does't make you a lesser man to take advise and guidance from your fellow man/woman....

Well said Mark , this is an important thread with some good constructive advice . I wouldnt worry about the ' man up ' comments its from the usual berks .

Why do certain individuals always poo poo advise...

The point of sharing experiences and learning from our fellow arborists is what this forum is all about... 'man up' is not really very constructive in terms of advise or support.

The aim of the game is to stay strong, effective and therefore safe during your working life, so thanks to all you who have had some really sound input to this discussion.. to all the others I'd like to say 'man up' don't be scared to use your brain its not that difficult.... and it does't make you a lesser man to take advise and guidance from your fellow man/woman....

It called a tongue in cheek comment, now man up and stop whining. ;)

Well said Mark , this is an important thread with some good constructive advice . I wouldnt worry about the ' man up ' comments its from the usual berks .

Berks? Oh, cheers!

Yeah, use your common sense, drink plenty and do what you need to.

It isnt even that hot yet? What are you actually gonna do if it actually get very hotter?

The answer is easy, drink more water, take more rests. Not difficult to fathom out. Maybe if people can't work that out for themselves then i would suggest you should start a thread on how to keep cool.

Thanks for the 'berk' comments. They are really helping my inferiority complex.

Berks? Oh, cheers!

Yeah, use your common sense, drink plenty and do what you need to.

It isnt even that hot yet? What are you actually gonna do if it actually get very hotter?

The answer is easy, drink more water, take more rests. Not difficult to fathom out. Maybe if people can't work that out for themselves then i would suggest you should start a thread on how to keep cool.

Thanks for the 'berk' comments. They are really helping my inferiority complex.

Apologies Rich , shouldnt have said that ...

Apologies Rich , shouldnt have said that ...

No worries mate.

I think the sun has gone to people heads;). Just seems in times of quietness everyone starts moaning about people under cutting them, lack of work etc. As soon as the sun comes out a bit. Yeah I agree it's hot compared with what we have been used to... Along come the thread about heatstroke etc. I could understand it more if it was actually hot. What we have experienced I. The last week or so is nothing compared to what tree workers could experience in other part with hotter climes.

Dudes in Oz and the US seem to manage so howcome we can't after 25 degree heat?

No worries mate.

I think the sun has gone to people heads;). Just seems in times of quietness everyone starts moaning about people under cutting them, lack of work etc. As soon as the sun comes out a bit. Yeah I agree it's hot compared with what we have been used to... Along come the thread about heatstroke etc. I could understand it more if it was actually hot. What we have experienced I. The last week or so is nothing compared to what tree workers could experience in other part with hotter climes.

Dudes in Oz and the US seem to manage so howcome we can't after 25 degree heat?

Agreed.. I'm not letting you off with the inferiority complex though, from one of the best climbers on arbtalk !! :laugh1:

Not one person has moaned about the long awaited summer weather... It was a simple thread to see what other people do to keep cool and fresh... and maybe pick up a few ideas to put in a toolbox talk...

its nice to see people taking positive approach,