Saving trees condemned to felling-help!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Fraid I don't Tone :001_smile:

Do you mean like a A-Team of the arb world? Turning up, working for free to do surveys and protect the trees?

(I'm not getting at you, just confused, it doesn't take much)

The point of the whole thread was to avoid "needless" felling, because reductions can and will in the vast majority of cases see a tree retained safely sometimes for long enough that everyone grows old and senile and forgets or dies, leaving the tree to grow in peace!:001_rolleyes:

we are but short flames, a tree can live through our entire ages, there are trees that saw the first Christians arrive, and watched them build their churches within their rootzones!

I think knowing what I do now, if it was my forum I'd make sure that that very clever, well put together and short Caveat appeared at the top of the" Home " page, for all to observe before entering into the pages of the website , in small text but legible:thumbup1:

why? were all responsible for our OWN actions, doesnt need a caveat, blaming the forum is unlikely to stand in court even without that caveat.

If people are under the illusion they can say anything free from consequences in a public forum they are very very silly!:001_rolleyes:

mind you internet and the law is a very new business so maybe your right

The point of the whole thread was to avoid "needless" felling, because reductions can and will in the vast majority of cases see a tree retained safely sometimes for long enough that everyone grows old and senile and forgets or dies, leaving the tree to grow in peace!:001_rolleyes:

we are but short flames, a tree can live through our entire ages, there are trees that saw the first Christians arrive, and watched them build their churches within their rootzones!

Well said. Have not nearly all of our great veterans been 'reduced' in the past?

Well said. Have not nearly all of our great veterans been 'reduced' in the past?

indeed in fact nearly all the fattest oldest trees have been, heres one I found saturday, an old 16century village green complete with remaining old ash pollard, still in healthy sound condition thanks to some well minded individual having the good sense to do a reduction which is hard to see but clearly saved the tree from losing pollard stems and now makes a fine tree though in need of a rework now some fifteen to 20 years since reduced IMO

this tree is way older than it looks, is big enough for me to climb inside the hollow trunk and swing a cat! oh, and has been colonised by Ganoderma applanatum to such a degree and duration total hollowing has occurred.

5976608e12273_charlieash096.jpg.ff5fd40597f1e235474a7cd8c828c43a.jpg

5976608e1818e_charlieash093.jpg.6d0e2ca91c54a02c3b69f0058d6de039.jpg

5976608e1cc5b_charlieash109.jpg.a775312ec5f51ab2836799a70c19c846.jpg

5976608e209b3_charlieash104.jpg.e8847d6bd8ba52c9be1bf703f186fe3a.jpg

5976608e2302c_charlieash110.jpg.53f56516851b86c5688fea1d2bdce7f6.jpg

why? were all responsible for our OWN actions, doesnt need a caveat, blaming the forum is unlikely to stand in court even without that caveat.

If people are under the illusion they can say anything free from consequences in a public forum they are very very silly!:001_rolleyes:

mind you internet and the law is a very new business so maybe your right

Its just a way of halting something dead in its tracks, especially so as there is no PI in place.:thumbup1: