Tractor driving

harvey b davison

Can i just add, that i was thinking of doing it, instead of being stuck on the motorway in a hgv. Oh, and i'm 41 with experience in other plant ie telescopic flt. construction work is a rarity these days, so instead of hgv i was thinking of tractors.

the worker basically does everything,ground prep,drilling,spraying,harvesting,operating hundreds of thousand pounds machinery and earns £8.50 an hour. Farm work is more than a job,its their love

I think these two quotes should make your decision for you.:thumbup1:

have a google online for the different rates of pay for farm workers. they are a good guide. the minimum i drive a tractor for is £13 ph and that'll go up to £16 ph depending on the job. So money isnt too bad. But i have been doing it for 15yrs, got all relevent tickets and a ag degree.

If you are looking into a fulltime farm job then it can be a real rewarding job, salary around 18k-25k and a house sometimes. there are some very good farm working jobs out there.

My main job is joinery, and always will be. But as you all know when its quiet its always handy to have many extra strings to your bow. I'm experienced in hgv 2 and various flt, so i thought i might try tractors as well.

Ben, i think i'm a bit too old (41) to start a completely different carreer path.

Maybe i'm just better of just getting round to starting my gate making business and see how it goes.

cheers.

The money often stinks but once you start putting in 100 hour plus weeks, it starts being worth while. Im an insomniac, my record was something like 72 hours strait aside from fuel or pit stops.

I lived under my machine for a while as I worked in the middle of nowhere and travelling to any other sort of "home" made no sense, great way to save money, stay single and go a little insane. I kept a 22 with me, the top of the cab makes a pretty good shooting platform

My main job is joinery, and always will be. But as you all know when its quiet its always handy to have many extra strings to your bow. I'm experienced in hgv 2 and various flt, so i thought i might try tractors as well.

Ben, i think i'm a bit too old (41) to start a completely different carreer path.

Maybe i'm just better of just getting round to starting my gate making business and see how it goes.

cheers.

Ahh, well, if that's the case, if there are any grown around you consider hauling spuds when they're lifting and driving a bed tiller at planting time. They're long days for a short window so a great way to make a quick few quid. And spuds do seem to be eternally profitable so the pay ain't bad. I did a bit of it when I was a lad, earned a packet and didn't get a second to spend it [start at 5am, finish at midnight, later if the weather was against us, that was for Will Chase who went on to start Tyrrells Crisps]... think it all went on a ridiculous car of some sort....