Advice regarding tpo needed please

sasha.p

I suppose that's where it pays to have a working relationship with the TO. If you think it's dangerous, which is still in the new regs, then a call to tell them so should do it. Perhaps with some supporting evidence. If they say no, not until they have issued the relevent paperwork, back it up with an email so it is there on the public record. Should anything happen in the mean time it's their problem.

We had a big tree a while back that the TO wouldn't even sanction a reduction. After going through GOSE the client received a letter confirming the TPO and no works and, importantly, that if anything happened to the tree within the next 12 months they would be liable. It fell over 3 weeks later. It was 30m tall/long and if I'd stunt felled it into the gap it landed in I'd've bought myself a bottle of champagne. Missed everything. Cars, houses, road, wires. The LA ended up paying for the removal.

Typically, and I would reckon this position is defendable in court, a tree that has fallen over would be classed as dangerous and one would therefore be able to clear it up.

As a TO myself, I would value an honest, common-sense approach. If there is time for a collection of evidence in the form of photographs I deem that sensible and pro-active. The TPO regulations are in the public domain for all to read and digest however, (in my opinion) I would commend action to remove danger rather than wait for political red-tape to take effect and injure someone or damage something in the meantime.