what make and where,

nocutman

Hello I have recently aquired a ride on mower which starts perfectly but has no cutting deck, does anyone know where I can get one from and roughly how much? It was bought here in france but its proving difficult to find a supplier, It isn't a recent model, I have , i hope! posted some pics.

thanks in advance.

mower.1.jpg.1574ddea33fb3d41de65f6d96becb634.jpg

5976604794aaf_2012-03-3017_42_46.jpg.098dcf74bf882d07d13ff29192eaaafe.jpg

i have the same machine, a few makes sell them ( rally, husqv. etc)

iam guessing that getting a second hand machine that is cheap but has a good deck could be your best bet, sorry not much help really!

deck is very easy to fit

carl

These machines are very common and are fitted with a two blade, side discharge deck.

Ideally you would find a good secondhand deck as Carlos has said, but the problem is that the deck is the first thing to fail, as they rust away.

If you find a secondhand tractor with a good deck, the chances are that the tractor is quite good anyway, so probably no point in swapping it over.

Best of luck anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Dude, with enough time, skill and a welder and grinder - virtually anything will fit under there.

I know its an old thread, so probably irelevant now, but although anything is possible, it is an enormous task to fit any deck.

What you would find is that a complete set of deck hangers would need to be made, and almost certainly at least one would need to be positioned where a pulley, or belt line is.

The travel of the engagement cable would not be right and finding a belt of the right profile and length would be tedious.

If you got it to fit you would be very lucky to get it to lift without fouling the chassis.

Life is really not that simple.

Why bother when you can pick up a working machine for a few hundred quid?