buying cord by the cubic metre

robbo 110

Normally double the price to get a price per tonne. ie 35m3 equates to 70 per tonne. Assuming fresh cut wet timber.

i disagree... when ever i buy cord by m3 i get 27m3 on my lorry or 25-26 ton.. so 27m3 x £35 = £945.. if buying by the ton 26 ton x £35 a ton = £910... not much diff... you find pure ash is sold by the m3 as its very light compared to beech which is always sold by the ton.. diff is with ash youll get a full lorry load wheras with beech you wont... trailer will only be 3/4 full for 26 ton.... works out same price per load either way...

Air 50-60%

I had a utility company tried to con me with that one agreeing a rate per m3 of actual timber assumed 50% air then when they came to invoice actual dimension of stack was used without any air adjustment. I will stick with actual stack dimensions and then divide by 2 to arrive at tonnes.

as long as you have a full lorry load then no problems.... if i was selling my birch alder oak mix thats been cut and stacked for a yr then the price per ton would scare most people off.. but when they realise that the trailer is full to the brim for a certain amount then there happy...