Gang members hard ?

Dean Lofthouse

True but there is a lot of fearmongering with the whole '' no one is safe '' and '' they have no rules '' which the Media puts out there both blatantly, like with the Riots in London which in fact helped it spread and worsen, to the more subliminal messages and stories they slip in there. Plus if you look at the construct of the News its rare you see positive feedback stories about teenagers comparatively to the ones of Gang related violence and the like.

Although I am not daft enough to think it's all hyped up, there are some areas which are just no go, bit like The Bogside in NI some friends of mine still say its rougher than a badger's bum but I think the Media are quick to jump on the real, genuine cases and make it mass hysteria and anxiety. Flipside is the area I live in now, people say to me '' Oh its rough up there '' but in truth it isnt, I've wandered down to my local Asda at 2-3 and 4am and not had one ounce of trouble, people wander about without a care in the world really but if you believed local news and gossip you'd think it was a bad day in Belfast every other day.

So it can swing both ways really.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember seeing this not so long back but thought it was quite amusing and kinda links into the Thread, seems bad behaviour isn't limited to just us Human folk :laugh1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhiG6_83pbc]Criminal Penguins - Frozen Planet - BBC One.mpeg - YouTube[/ame]

But we do have law and order:

General Sir Mike Jackson (:thumbup:) in his biography talked about law and order and many like him inc. me perceive an increase in lawlessness in these days. These poor kids today; what we went through was a Sunday School picninc compared to what these kids are going through today. I've a very old fashioned view that men were like shepherds. Strike the shepherd to get to the flock. Turn men on whom great responsibility rests into all the gutless chaps floating along these days and you get angry women, rejected children and societal breakdown. Funny really, you scrap all these safety boundaries in the moral fabric of life in the name of freedom and you actually end with less true freedom and more bondage...

We know little of lawlessness in this country, compared to many others, we do not have gangs cruising the streets in hi-luxes with machine guns mounted on the back, kids roaming with RPGs, what we do have is isolated pockets of petty criminals wishing to scare people, usually the elderly, weak or vulnerable, by intimidation. Let's not credit them with any more than this.

I started the thread because I feel that soldiers such as Jack Jennings are so often forgotten as time passes and whilst I was watching the ad the victim of the mugging I stopped to help recently was of jacks age and probably fought in the same wars and saw the same horrors, trying to defend his country to give the little shites that robbed him for heroin money a life.

The thread

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/2995-mugged-really.html

These war veterans are the joe blogs type of oaps you see at bus stops or in bus stations waiting for transport, being intimidated and disrespected by these thugs

Certainly makes me think

We know little of lawlessness in this country, compared to many others, we do not have gangs cruising the streets in hi-luxes with machine guns mounted on the back, kids roaming with RPGs, what we do have is isolated pockets of petty criminals wishing to scare people, usually the elderly, weak or vulnerable, by intimidation. Let's not credit them with any more than this.

We might not know much of lawlessness in Sleepy Suffolk, but you wouldn't want your wife walking the streets of Hackney or Dalston much after dark i'll tell you that....

Its depressing reading Dean. Where has our society gone so wrong that lads like this can be so disrespectful to our old vets?. That said, there will always be elements of society that live by preying on those weaker than themselves..what goes around comes around..they will get theirs one day.