ISC Rocker

Old Mill Tree Care

The pinto pulley is a nice pulley, but I prefer a lanyard without a pulley at all and just a good self tending hitch threaded through the carabiner right. When it comes to lanyard to me minimalism is best. The thimble is nice. It allows you to choke srt but not cross load snap. I just use a small dynema loopie with no thimble.

Instead of spending about £25 on a thimble and piece of cord I just put an Alpine Butterfly on the line and clip the biner to that.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ce lanyard is a great bit of kit, the pinto allows you to do a few other configurations, I do not have a ce lanyard myself I use something similar I made myself. I would of thought for you Kevin the benefits of a ce lanyard are negated by using srwp.

As for the the idea of a ce lanyard being insulting lets not formulate opinions without knowing why a product came into being.... We have a choice after all either buy the pre packaged set-up or make you own.

I'm sorry, I need to clarify, the fact that there was a need to make a CE lanyard is troublesome to me. I have had it explained but I still dont get it. I like the pinto. I like the lanyard configured with a thimble... I don't understand the CE part of it. That's what I find weird. I have no problem with the CE lanyard itself. Although it still is two krabs, two short bits of rope and a nice micro pulley. Maybe I would need to live in Europe to understand it.

. Maybe I would need to live in Europe to understand it.

Bingo. It all comes about from the ludicrous levels of protectionist health and safety / liability law we have which comes out of the eu (which itself has come from our adoption of American style litigation ironically....)

I personally love my cinch i got fed up of a hitch's sit back and when it would jam up on me when covered with dust etc, i love my 6mm thimble very versatile bit of kit comes in handy more times than i imagine and can be used in rescue situations. Understand the point regarding the CE mark from Kevin half the time it doesnt grab straight out of the bag anyway, i can understand the able for larger companies that may be concerned regarding employees understanding and use of gear.

Bingo. It all comes about from the ludicrous levels of protectionist health and safety / liability law we have which comes out of the eu

That's exactly it. I assume they are also charging so much for it because they are certifying it in house and there name is on the liability.

It's a very good concept. Would I buy one?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

That's what we're concerned about too.... :sneaky2: it is heading worryingly in that direction over here...:001_rolleyes:

We can alredy buy pre-tied prussik loops........

My cinch is pretty much worn out, think I'll go back to a hitch