ISC Rocker

Old Mill Tree Care

Just bumping this thread....

I've been looking at the Rocker as a replacement for a hitch & pulley on my long lanyard.

I still have the traditional hitch & micropulley on my short one which lives in a fanny pack, but I'd quite like to do away with it on my long lanyard, partly to differentiate from my main line better, partly to de-clutter and partly just because it's been ages since I bought anything shiny.....

So, Pete and other experienced users.... if I'm replacing 9mm cord VT & micropulley on Aeris, what differences / advantages / disadvantages will I notice?

The hitch is great, I know exactly how it will react, I can come all the way down on it if need be, it's one handed both ways and consistently smooth... and it's cheap and cheerful.

So why would I replace that with a Rocker...?

And I'm not considering a Positioner etc on grounds of cost....

Thoughts....?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Hmm, It appears I already asked that same question on this very same thread. The CE lanyard still seems insulting to ones intelligence to sell a rope a krab and a hitch for that kind of money. I played with the rocker a bit and could not make it work as well as a hitch lanyard. Unlike my climbing system, self tending is a disadvantage in a lanyard.

Hmm, It appears I already asked that same question on this very same thread. The CE lanyard still seems insulting to ones intelligence to sell a rope a krab and a hitch for that kind of money. I played with the rocker a bit and could not make it work as well as a hitch lanyard. Unlike my climbing system, self tending is a disadvantage in a lanyard.

when would you ever use that thimble thingy either??? I got the honey bros version for half the money!

The pinto pulley is a nice pulley, but I prefer a lanyard without a pulley at all and just a good self tending hitch threaded through the carabiner right. When it comes to lanyard to me minimalism is best. The thimble is nice. It allows you to choke srt but not cross load snap. I just use a small dynema loopie with no thimble.

The pinto pulley is a nice pulley, but I prefer a lanyard without a pulley at all and just a good self tending hitch threaded through the carabiner right. When it comes to lanyard to me minimalism is best. The thimble is nice. It allows you to choke srt but not cross load snap. I just use a small dynema loopie with no thimble.

The ce lanyard is a great bit of kit, the pinto allows you to do a few other configurations, I do not have a ce lanyard myself I use something similar I made myself. I would of thought for you Kevin the benefits of a ce lanyard are negated by using srwp.

As for the the idea of a ce lanyard being insulting lets not formulate opinions without knowing why a product came into being.... We have a choice after all either buy the pre packaged set-up or make you own.

I agree Kevin. The Rocker is a great piece of kit but not perfectly suited as a lanyard accompaniment for my requirements.

It's a personal thing though and I know some people love them.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App