Soaking bare root yew overnight

Dean Lofthouse

• 2 years later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone has been at it again over the weekend :confused1:

It really does confuse me as to the point of it. They have just pulled up one single plants this time, you can see the marks in the grass where they have stood and leaned over the fence

I,m going to electrify the fence, stuff it, I,ve had enough

Get a camera set up Dean . You may recognize the little scrotes ......

Those little scrotes will hopefully have grown up by now.

On the way to school (when I was a lad) there was a corner plot, and being the lazy kids that we were back then, would take the short-cut. Obviously the house-holder got annoyed. He planted a hedge around the border. And as kids we pulled a few in defiance.

We all do stupid things at some point. And I have been embarrassed and ashamed of what we did forever more to tell you the truth. But it was idiocy in the spur of the moment. We had no right of way.

However there is no point really in trying to rationalise the whys, and waste brain cycles on these matters. Kids will be kids. You'd be better off trying to educate children into the joys and preciousness of nature, involve them in planting so they have a respect, through taking ownership. I've watched many children vandalise trees and plants, in part, because they simply don't know any better, and are simply having fun.

Anyway hopefully the up-shot of my past misadventures is that I continually try and compensate. I have given myself a mental flogging many times over.