The move to Scotland is on!!!

Bald Monkey

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to say that we haven't really noticed the midges on previous trips but probably it wasn't the right time of year. The most we noticed were at the end of June and then they only came out in the evening. Never had a problem with the horseflies yet, guess we have them to look forward too :thumbdown:

Mornings and evenings are the worst for the midges and the clegs are all day but never as annoying. Direct sunlight seems to keep the midges at bay although the west coast doesn't see much of that so that'll be why the midges like it do much. A good strong breeze will keep them off you as well. Just beware on a still, damp and cloudy morning or evening, they can be so plentiful you will be breathing them in!

Edited by David Goss

Pitty you haven't moved in, you could have done a job for me outside Dunoon tomorrow, now I have to do it lol.

Land and Tree are a good company based outside Dunoon and there is a lot of work to be had on Bute.

they are looking for someone just now for their comunity woodland on the North End.

good luck :)

Pitty you haven't moved in, you could have done a job for me outside Dunoon tomorrow, now I have to do it lol.

Land and Tree are a good company based outside Dunoon and there is a lot of work to be had on Bute.

they are looking for someone just now for their comunity woodland on the North End.

good luck :)

Cheers mate for the info, think I will give Land and Tree a call when I get there to see if they have any groundwork going. I did see the Bute job advertised but the cost of using the ferry everyday will eat into whatever I could earn. I cannot believe the prices of the ferries up there.

Cheers mate for the info, think I will give Land and Tree a call when I get there to see if they have any groundwork going. I did see the Bute job advertised but the cost of using the ferry everyday will eat into whatever I could earn. I cannot believe the prices of the ferries up there.

Ferries are bonkers, the only cheap ish 1 is the red western ferry, half price tickets are sold in the news agents up from the marina in Dunoon along from the 2 huge Sitkas, and in Gourock, the news agent beside the co op:

The is a guy based in Tighnabruich, don't know him though:confused1:

• 10 months later...