Possibly jumping ship...

nathan marshall

evening all over the summer i am planning on moving on from my current employer for many different reasons but on the whole what are peoples verdict on moving to a much larger company ie(arb approved contractor) or keep it pretty simple, if so what are the good ones to look out for within my area. I live in watford, so anythign in herts or north london I have tickets cs 30 31 38 39 and taking pa1 and pa6 in the next month.

many thanks

nathan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan, be careful what you wish for. If I were your boss and read this, I would help you decide right now.If you wish to have this thread removed, pm me so I can delete it.

Good advice.

Besides, at the moment you may be better sticking with what you have instead of risking unemployment- what i mean is unless you have a definite place lined up, do you want to leave your present position.....

Good advice.

Besides, at the moment you may be better sticking with what you have instead of risking unemployment- what i mean is unless you have a definite place lined up, do you want to leave your present position.....

I completly understand where you are comming for my boss already knows about this as i have spoken to him my current company is a one van works and he has taken on a new groundsman as i was on my apprentship and as i have finished my course he is keeping me on until the end of the summer but he will not finalically be able to keep me on as i completly get. many thanks for the concerns though. just enquiries at the moment.

many thanks guys, not sure what sort of situation you guys are in ie: large scale work or a small company but whats you verdict on going to a larger company i am edging towards it as i have paid for all my tickets and some larger companys offer training schemes to increase my expirence and progression in arb :001_smile:

Gristwood and toms are local to you and this would give you some great experience as they have some impressive kit but on the flip side you will soon learn about contractor rates and speed of climbing etc. Seeing some "arb approved" work its not always what arb approved is cracked up to be if you know what i mean and this isn't aimed at g&t by the way