Class 3 PPe?

Foord

I was in the local saw shop a few weeks ago and somebody phoned up asking for class 3 trousers (28m/s).

:confused1:

Anybody know if any manufactures make them or more to the point does (or would) anybody bother with them?

I'd have thought they'd be far to heavy to work in. :bored:

sounds to me they meant class c.

Yes, with hind sight more than likely, it seemed very odd to us at the time, although one of the blokes in there was sure he'd heard of a company that made them - but then again I wouldn't work for him so wouldn't trust him.

This may sould like a stupid question, but do Chainsaw wellies actually have kevlar in them?? I was always under the impression that they were made of a kind of "re-enforced" rubber but not actually Kevlar. Am I wrong or just being a bit thick.??:blushing:

but do Chainsaw wellies actually have kevlar in them??

kevlar is not used in most chainsaw protective clothing...

kevlar is just one strong light para-aramid synthetic fibre... different synthetic fibres are used by different companies.

stihl protective clothing for example, contains dyneema (an ultra high molecular weight polyethylene fibre)

edit:just so you know, i'm not a chemist or a ppe nut, but i was pretty sure kevlar wasnt in most chainsaw ppe, so i looked it up

Edited by tree_beard

This may sould like a stupid question, but do Chainsaw wellies actually have kevlar in them?? I was always under the impression that they were made of a kind of "re-enforced" rubber but not actually Kevlar. Am I wrong or just being a bit thick.??:blushing:
you don't need kevlar in the wellies,the wool on the ewe's legs will stop the saw :001_tongue: ..........................................sorry!