Viaduct??

The Tree Hunter

Can anyone tell me off the top of there head what ticket you need for viaduct work???

possibility you will need IRATA which is not a simple process, you have to complete so many hours at set levels before you can set your own systems.

One company I work for on weekends clearing rock faces and bridges on the railways wont accept IRATA and use staff with cs 38,39,40, 41 etc, they believe it super seeds IRATA.

hope this helps

One company I work for on weekends clearing rock faces and bridges on the railways wont accept IRATA and use staff with cs 38,39,40, 41 etc, they believe it super seeds IRATA.

hope this helps

hmm that sounds odd, I have been involved in both NPTC and IRATA work and IMO I would have thought IRATA is the industry standard for this type of work. If the work consists of clearing Buddleia etc from rock faces, bridges possibly but I would of thought NPTC tickets would not cover this work. If the work consisted of stabilising rock faces/ repointing bridges then no. As for their view that NPTC superseeds IRATA they have not got a clue, it’s like comparing a car driving licence to a pilot licence! Am not saying that ones more elite/technical/dangerous than the other but they are just different industries. Cheers Steve ps heres a good pic! and as for viaduct work I would of thought IRATA would be the only option.

38860.jpg.fd13797193482801e910d568b27ff8c9.jpg

Edited by stevelucocq

..........it’s like comparing a car driving licence to a pilot licence! Am not saying that ones more elite/technical/dangerous than the other but they are just different industries.

Er! OK, so you think flying is no more technical/dangerous than driving??

If your not trying to imply that one is more "elite", it would be better to use a different analogy, IMO.

You can legally fly a plane at a younger age than you can drive a car. I would hazard an opinion that flying a plane under supervision in our relatively empty skies is probably safer than driving a car on our crowded and terrifying streets, terrorised as they are but homicidal white transit drivers and deathwish unimogs!

You can legally fly a plane at a younger age than you can drive a car. I would hazard an opinion that flying a plane under supervision in our relatively empty skies is probably safer than driving a car on our crowded and terrifying streets, terrorised as they are but homicidal white transit drivers and deathwish unimogs!

True! but if you encounter a problem :scared1: you cannot just pullover :sneaky2: