Looking for work

Tree-Fela

Hi All

Yesterday i recieved some unwelcome news. I have been told i am not needed no more as the bosses lad is starting to work with him now so av been told to do one basically. Otherwise i am disappointed to say the least but i know now that was his intention all along so just a learning curve.

I am now on the lookout for any bits of work in and around the crosby area in liverpool but am willing to travel all over for work.

I have got CS30, 31, 38 and also woodchipper. I will also have CS39.40,41 in the coming weeks. Aswell as these i have got my new climbing kit, own saw, own ppe.

If anyone needs a hand let me know as any work is much appreciated at the moment.

Cheers

Hi tree fella really hope you find some work soon . That's a real hard one.

Give all the tree companies in the yellow pages a ring and never give up .

You will get something else . It's a tough business but if you are determind you will succeed . There is lots of work on hear if you don't mind travling and staying in your van / or camping you won't be short of work

I do different contracts all over the country I had a little belingo van and that did as my home for weeks at a time it was tight but served me well . Just got myself a transit now and had the whole thing converted so staying away now is just home from home .

I wish you all the best keep your chin up

Littletree:001_smile:

Swampster i would do but i aint single id love to and am only 21 so id defo love to go me missus is a trainee nurse so she might go but shes adamant she doesnt want to, think il just have to keep talking to her.

Littletree i havent got a van thats my downfall really i know but am just starting out so havent really got the wonga to get one, been buying all equipment then il go after the big un i have looked everywhere for a little van but the insurance is a killer and as i am not yet known enough to be certain i can pay the money each month i am very reluctant to try and take it on as i dont want to be in debt at this early stage in me life.

I am going gung ho with it am phoning texting all the companies in the area am even going as far out as preston and manchester for work as its dull and boring am only in college now one day a week so am free monday to thursday doing nothing just sitting around looking at me kit knowing how much its annoying that i had a beep as a boss and got gibbed off for a son who has only got cs30 but ahh thats todays world can help who yeh work for.

Thanks for the advice

Hi again it's a real shame you are so far away as I have just done some sub contract work for gibbon on hear

they are looking for a trainee groundy / new climber . nr exeter

They are a pleasure to work for a really nice bunch Just the sort of company that would be perfect for you

I really hope something like that comes up nearer where you live .

If you can get in as a groundy with someone and really work hard do everything with they ask to a really high standard even if just cleaning up do it so it's spotless and do it every day the same . I can assure you they will have you back and in the end you will have lots of work

It's a hard business when you are new , just be sure to let them know that you are new and be very honest about what tree stuff you have done then they won't expect more from you then you can actually do as this can be a problem for new climbers but as long as you are compleatly open then you will have no problems and you will get on just fine and be able to learn from your fellow work mates and have great fun along the way Too

All the best

Littletree::thumbup:

LIttletree luck would have it i have had 3 companies phone me today about possibly work opportunites. I will say what i have covered within my training and also whilst being in working environments, if i do think i will not be able to complete a task i will be the first to tell them as in this game confidence is everything.