Husqvarna 338XPT 'California'

Sambo

Looking on Husqvarna's International website and came across this saw. It's a 45cc version of their 338XPT - Sounds awsome! Does anyone know where i could get hold of one? Also, compared to the standard 338XPT, why does the bigger 'California' appear to have lower power output?

Edited by Sambo

the 338xpt cali is available in.... california.

all the power has been strangled out of it in the exhaust and cylinder porting... so the displacement had to be upped for it to match a regular 338.

...dog

and yeah husky still make loads of the classic saws for the non-european/us/australian markets.... buy a brand new 262xp in russia... or a 254xp... however often they are slightly de-tuned models with a slightly lower power output..

stihl still make classics too, buy a new 051, 070 or 076 in south america, or a shiney new 08 (the saw with the longest production run of all 1963-present)

stihl also make a couple of pallets a year of 090AV's for the rainforest market, although they dont advertise the fact

yup...I have two 335 Cali's...same 45 cc doggy motor as the 338.....they're OK once I add a second port to the muffler (far bigger than the stocker at 9/16th inch) and have lots of torque, but I still prefer the standard 335/338.

Currently, my US source gets me the CS2139T Jonsered--same saw save for pretty colors and some plastic for $75-100 less than the 338....

These saws work well...it took Husky till a couple years ago to iron out all the problems....but they have a winner now. Once ported, the saws will beat a 200T that has had the screen removed---a tad less chain speed but a lot more torque...

see my youtube video comparing the 2139 before and after muffler modding, a ported 192 and a 200T with a bad chain.....same user name....