Is it really all its cracked upto be?

looker123

First off; I'm happy in NZ. Second; hell yeah. Oz is an awesome place to work, good people, outstanding lifestyle. Fine it's got its creepy crawlies etc but I was there for a year and was rarely bothered. You have to be a little more careful but on the flip side, what you get with the package more than makes up for it. These days, way to hot for me. I like the green green grass and the cooler days but I'm glad I took the opportunity when I did.

As far as the trees go; Yes they're way bigger but does it really matter if you're 20m up or 50m up? It hurts just as much if you fall out of the tree and think of the experience and the tall tales you'll be able to tell. I can't or won't climb big trees these days but I'm glad I had the chance to climb a couple of 50m jobs when I was young enough.

Long time ago Adam, 94/95. Worked out west of Sydney at the foot of the Blue Mountains near Penrith and Kurrajong. Spent nearly a year working on and around the area, as far out as Bathurst and back in to Blacktown. Had an absolute ball, met some awesome people and earnt some good money. Can't imagine it's changed hugely since then according to everything I read and hear. Easy to get in to Sydney city at the weekends with good transport links. Plenty of surf beaches, hunting, fishing and...........some very pretty young ladies.

I have not done it but I know someone who did. The message I got from him was that groundies are easy to source locally but experienced climbers are in demand, especially for city based companies. The reason for that was that they do most of their work from buckets and don't have many climbers.

cheers for the help and advice everyone. Yeh, i think that would be the safest option making enquiries before. Its one thing getting a job but actually getting one you want and enjoy doing is a totally different thing. I wouldnt want to throw myself at the deepend doing work i wasnt confident with or out of of my ability but. To be honest i would be happy just going as a groundie just to get feel for things, then see how things turned out. Going to do some more enquiring have a browse around some other forums anyway, cheers!