Tree motion & Spiderjack

brothergrim

Purchased myself a new harness in the tree motion and after a few alterations and setting up Iv found it extremely comfortable and light, I've also bought the spiderjack which to be honest I think it's an excellent bit of kit but it comes with its added complications getting used to how it bites the rope and how to control it is going to take time, I looking forward to the new additions from art like getting rid of the velcro attachment and adding the karabiner attachment not just for added speed but I like to keep a karabiner on the end of my rope for added weight when repositioning, also i think in certain situations if I tried to use the spiderjack left handed I'd probably kill myself lol, so I think I'll be sticking to my hitch Climber for the moment but I'm going to persist with the spiderjack until I can get to grips with it:blushing:

I'll be intrested to see wot the sling & new bits for spiderjack are like & I've made my own bobbin & tried afew differant slings till I've found one I like .., noticed the spider jack likes to roll free'ly on the karibiner & not sure when you put the rubber stop round the spiderjack / karibiner if this is the way to go .

[ATTACH]86453[/ATTACH]

Good set up , stick with it feels weird but is miles better than prussics , get a rope guide t go with your set up :)

Whats that funky looking metal lump in place of the velcro? And where do I get one??? Care to explain that set up in a bit of detail? I can't make it all out from the pic (too dark). But it looks more useful than mine.

Oh and as everyone had said, get a ropeguide. They make life MASSIVELY more easy.

Also... is your splice going through your spiderjack???

Edited by samthescam

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329082109.888012.jpg.4d54559bff7f455f29e21c5c6665625b.jpg

I've had a bobbin made in place of the Velcro like the design art have come up with , tried afew differant slings till I found the right one & everything seems good , sorry pic was dark b4 & didn't show properly , been trying some stops on Karbs to prevent sj rolling round , just fine tuning wot works & wot makes everything run smooth ...

I'll be intrested to see wot the sling & new bits for spiderjack are like & I've made my own bobbin & tried afew differant slings till I've found one I like .., noticed the spider jack likes to roll free'ly on the karibiner & not sure when you put the rubber stop round the spiderjack / karibiner if this is the way to go .

Definatly put a beal pinch over your spider jack leg attached to the krab, ever since I done this my sj tends alot better and it so smooth to pull slack out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329084068.394856.jpg.6174ec50515c116f4f98be8c81983142.jpg

Definatly put a beal pinch over your spider jack leg attached to the krab, ever since I done this my sj tends alot better and it so smooth to pull slack out.

[ATTACH]86505[/ATTACH]

Agreed, that the velco is tat and when art pruduce the metal thing (saw it was in the pipeline in spiderjack 3 vid) as long as its not horrendously prices I think most people will upgrade.

Couple of questions for everyone:

1) Whats the best sling in your experience? I want to get one and an oval crab to make changeover left annoying but want to get it right.

2) Do you find with your set up you have problems using the wooden brake? I use the same blue isc crab and find that when the sj gets into an angle like that its a bit difficult to use the brake and makes life annoying. So what the best crab to get the system working nice?

Thanks