Ropeguide installation

Tommy_B

Cheers Peter and Dean. This is just what I was after. I know its not a "huge" amount of money to spend out on something but I wanted peoples opinions on something before I make a decision and part with the harn earnt. Tis what this forum is for after all:001_smile:

Thanks a lot guys:001_cool:

Tom

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate of mine actually suggested that Rupe!! I haven't got round to it yet but I'm going to try that. I generally body thrust into the tree. I have been using a VT but when I was playing with the ropeguide, the set up used was a standard prussik with a mini prussik and pulley on the static end to tend the hitch. I'd never tried it before and couldn't believe how easy it was!! Learn something every day it seems!!!

The reason I ask is cos the rope guide is SO good that it put too much tension at the hitch and most hitches especially prussiks lock up too much when using a ropeguide.

The VT however works best (when set correctly) with as little friction as poss and the ropeguide was designed to be used with this and other similar hitches.

If you body thrusting (not really a thrust with a VT) then you need something in place before you start, so try a pulley on a cambium saver for now.

Anyone using a prussik is best to stick with a ring ring CS IMO.

how would you set it up rupe? oval maillon linking the small ring to a rescue pulley? or would you remove the small ring and fit the maillon straight into the webbing in its place?

I would assume the latter would keep everything in the same orientation but i dont know if that really matters

I would cut the small ring off and use a Krab. This helps with alligment but also you can un clip it in the tree and reposition without unthreading your rope. (lanyard in!)

A mallion is better for security if you prefer.

If the cambium saver is not tight around a stem then side loading of the krab should not be an issue but mallions are more secure so I would be best to advice mallions, done up tight with a spanner of course.