Drive Trailers

N1ck

I have recently secured some grant funding for a new/decent second hand forwarding trailer. I will probably end up buying a new Botex trailer, as for the money they have by far the highest spec cranes. However, I would really like a drive trailer and Botex do not fit drive motors to the trailer wheels. Does anyone know:

Can drive motors be retro-fitted to the bogies on a Botex (anyone done this)?

Why are Kesla trailers so damn expensive? They do a nice drive trailer but it is a lot more than a similar spec trailer from Jas P Wilson. Is this to do with Sterling / Euro exchange rates?

Does anyone know of any tidy used Patu/Kesla 10tonne drive trailers coming up for sale soon?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm getting 50% through my local LEADER fund but the paperwork was a nightmare, especially as it is a start-up business. They wanted a full business plan and 3 years profit & loss forecasts. There is a new fund, the Farming & Forestry Improvement Scheme which pays up to 40% and is supposed to be a lot easier to claim.

That looks like a Botex 560 crane on a raised kingpost mounted on a Farma drive trailer. The pivot point for the steering drawbar is behind the headboard, whereas it is in front on Wilson's Euro trailers. Still it looks like a good combination. When I spoke to John he said that they could not fit drive motors, but he was talking about their own Euro trailers. I will ask him if this is something he still does.

Does anyone know how the Farma 8.5m crane compares with a Botex 570 (7m I think) in terms of lifting capacity close in and at full reach?

Thanks

Nick

Moheda trailers from AT Osbourne are well worth a look and so are Mowi trailers from Fuelwood. they both come from the same parent company but have different cranes and probably different prices. Nokka also make drive trailers up to 15 tonnes, not sure if there is a dealer in the UK but Scantrax in Belgium sell them.