cs32 tommorow barony college

cjw89

hi guys got my cs32 tommorow at barony college is there any fellow arbtalkers attending the course? Also what cuts will i be needing to learn?.. split level cut, dog tooth cut? these are two that i remember from my 31? Any advice would be great. :biggrin:

Thanks

Have to remember it is many years since alot of the people on here did these courses and its sometimes difficult to recall exactly whats involved..But i THINK this is the one where you plunge the saw in from the offside and go toward your gub creating the first half of your hinge. You then bring the saw backtoward the rear of the tree until there is sufficient wood left to start arcing the saw round toward the near side, thus creating the second half of the hinge. Hope this sort of reads ok. :001_smile:

hi thanks born2trot yer i think your talking about the split level cut, im sure there is some more to learn but that what the course is for. Looking forward to it. thanks again callum

I'm not talking about the split level cut. The saw stays in the tree at all times with the medium cut. Split level cut your saw comes out and a wedge goes in. You then go back in and undercut your first cut , this is for slightly leaning back trees not medium trees. :001_smile:

Sorry mate, didn't see this until this morning, thanks to Easyjet's delays yesterday.

Pity you didn't post this with a bit more advance warning. I did my 32 in December.

I guarantee you'll enjoy it. Nothing quite like felling big wood :thumbup1:

• 3 weeks later...