Back handled saws for climbing

Capstankid!

I don't get this thread... Why make life harder for yourself? If you really want to do all this work positioning stuff (never use a saw one handed...) then just use both hands on the topper. It's called the arborist/climbing saw for a reason.

It's not that it's really bad or anything but I just feel it could be better and it's just something else to try! I was using my mates 346xpg (toastie warm hands :) ) today and it's an awesome saw for sectioning down a lot faster than the 200t but it was oak! I think i will switch saws for the moment and see if it suites my style more!

I don't get this thread... Why make life harder for yourself? If you really want to do all this work positioning stuff (never use a saw one handed...) then just use both hands on the topper. It's called the arborist/climbing saw for a reason.

It's not that it's really bad or anything but I just feel it could be better and it's just something else to try! I was using my mates 346xpg (toastie warm hands :) ) today and it's an awesome saw for sectioning down a lot faster than the 200t but it was oak! I think i will switch saws for the moment and see if it suites my style more!

I am one of those guys wo would prefer to ditch the 200T as soon as possible on a sectional fell, a more powerfull back handle saw is much quicker and easier on you with less vibration.

An ms 361 is a nice saw got enough poke to handle an 18" bar or 20" at a stretch and not to heavy, but still my prefered choice is a MS460 or Husky 372

If you use a 260 as a general climbing saw, I'd suggest you invested in another topper.

I agree if we could use a top handle on all sites we would but some of the work we carry out require the use of only back handle saws and as we only do this maybe once a month sometimes more then no call for a new backhandle and as we use 260 as a general ground saw seems perfect. :biggrin: