Ms260 fuel starving

Rich2484

Ok so I got my 260 running problem, got a new carb and still same problem I have tried everything, compression good, vacuum good, seals good, carb is brand new, but it is not drawing the fuel up, if I put fuel straight to carb it runs fine until that runs out then it dies and that's it, if I put pressure into the tank to push fuel up to carb It will run but then run out when the pressure drops.

The tank vent is also good as it is from a working saw. Am I missing something, the problem before is the same as it is now, hence why I changed th carb for a new one as I'm fed up with carbs always being a problem and trying to fix them with new seals etc.

Ok so I got my 260 running problem, got a new carb and still same problem I have tried everything, compression good, vacuum good, seals good, carb is brand new, but it is not drawing the fuel up, if I put fuel straight to carb it runs fine until that runs out then it dies and that's it, if I put pressure into the tank to push fuel up to carb It will run but then run out when the pressure drops.

The tank vent is also good as it is from a working saw. Am I missing something, the problem before is the same as it is now, hence why I changed th carb for a new one as I'm fed up with carbs always being a problem and trying to fix them with new seals etc.

Have you checked the fuel filter, has the fuel line got a hole in it and finally, is the impulse line blocked or leaking?

Sometimes the airfilter choke mechanism can play up on the 026 range - make sure your choke lever is actually closing the choke properly.

Personally I always try to avoid thowing new parts at saws and try to get to teh route cause - saves wasting my hard earnt or more importantly. others hard earnt:thumbup:

One point, you said you have good vacuum, that would imply a vac test has been done and that would show up an impulse line problem hence me always banging on about vac and pressure testing.

My money will be on the impulse line being split and that would stop fuel being pumped in to the carb - sound familier!

A £3.75 part and relatively easy fix!

Ok, so the impulse line was blocked and was not connected to the crank case. Don't know how it passed a test. New carb is on and the saw is running perfectly. The old carb won't hold on Rickover tho, new seals fitted, bit not worried as I have the new one.

Thanks for the help.

Ok, so the impulse line was blocked and was not connected to the crank case. Don't know how it passed a test. New carb is on and the saw is running perfectly. The old carb won't hold on Rickover tho, new seals fitted, bit not worried as I have the new one.

Thanks for the help.

No worries, glad it worked out - possible that someone plugged the impulse to do a vac test then forgot to unplug it and connect it. Anyway, it runs but who is "Rickover", is he a mate:001_rolleyes::lol: