change in direction?

Aaron

Evening all.

Well, been on a site clearance today for a fairly large property developer (of whom we are very good friends) and to cut a long story short they have offered me the contract for supplying a machine (digger) for this site of wich will be 9 houses. Now, im no stranger to driving a machine, we hire in plenty when doing barns and menages etc so the driving part is no problem, i will how ever have to do my tickets to allow me to work on site, also no big deal. This sort of work isnt really what id like to be doing but im kinda thinking it is a good excuse to buy in a machine and keeping it busy till we can hopefully go into more estate work with this etc. I have work booked in where we will have to hire a machine in the summer and if all went well could potentially have more work out of the developer to keep it busy. Basically im wondering is it worth it, is there a market where i could potentially move into more conservation/estate work with the machine. What would do, Any thoughts would be appreciated. :thumbup1:

p.s, sorry its a bit long winded.

Aaron

i have a cpcs card for 360 above and below 10 ton 180 wheeled and dumptruck articulated chassis all sizes and to do them tickets even 360 will cost you £2500 and be a two week course and then it dont end there after that you will be issued a red card with means your trained then you have two years to complete 500 hours operating and do the nvq and have assenssor come out to site to watch and assess you before they issue you with a blue card what has competent operator on it.

I looked into tickets and as an experienced operator tgey said I could co

E and do a much shorter cheaper course than the 2 week £2500 one. However it seemed that logging hours and the nvq...all the bs stuff would be hard self employed operating on your own jobs.

Alot of sites do not require the cscs certification for skills, I've done some work for plant hire companies as an operator and don't hold it, apparently only very large highly regulated sites require that level of certification.

Another thing worth looking into may be the in house competency tests most plant hire forms give their employees that cover them to operate all plant with one test.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.373988,0.481376