Tree motion

andrew t

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i looked at the tree motion i was really pushed towards it. I tired it on 3 times hung around on it in an indoor set up for a while and really tried to get comfortable in it but couldn't...didn't like the tool clips and all the bits that seemed too fidgety, but thats probably just me.

can see the advantages to it it and the whole ergonomics thing being better for your back but in the end put on a Komet Dragonfly and instantly felt comfortable and no fidgety adjustments and bought it, have since been loving it.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a skylotec before I got the TM. The skylotec is really comfy but after using the TM I can't believe how bulky and heavy the skylotec is. Don't get me wrong, it's a great harness but it just seems so heavy compared. I do have one problem with the TM though and that's that it seems to rub quite badly around the groin. I must have it adjusted incorrectly so have loosened it off, which helps but I prefer a tight fit. Other than that it's a fantastic harness but then I haven't tried many others.

I bought a skylotec before I got the TM. The skylotec is really comfy but after using the TM I can't believe how bulky and heavy the skylotec is. Don't get me wrong, it's a great harness but it just seems so heavy compared. I do have one problem with the TM though and that's that it seems to rub quite badly around the groin. I must have it adjusted incorrectly so have loosened it off, which helps but I prefer a tight fit. Other than that it's a fantastic harness but then I haven't tried many others.

We have a skylotec also and i use it for rigging i believe it is king for this it holds a big saw very well tree motion for reduction though that's were it comes into its own league. Was looking at the petzl s and it did come very close second. Hope you are well by the way i will be staying in the UK but considering nz for the future if my wife had her way we would be there now.

I must be all wrong...... I'm running around in trees with DMM Renegade harness with a Silky Zubat and secateurs! Tried the Petzl Sequoia SRT and feels really comfy. Love all the heavy duty attachments points. But I'm leaving the stuff that warrants that to my mate.