Chainsaw and scrap metal thefts in Biggleswade On 2/3 January

sylvaarb

We all know the "scum" that are stealing from small business all the time as a form of living and it's time to write to local MP's and the Home Office stating that if the Police will not take serious action to stop this then people will do it themselves. The scrap metal taken into places is paid in cash so often avoiding taxes and is a form of monies laundering.

Thanks for all the tips and police really don't want to know, waited hours for forensics to come and then started pissing with rain so i phoned and said it wouldnt be worth checking for prints. Copper did phone me back today but sounded like he was still doing his GCSEs did show some interest, think they seem to be cracking down on metal thefts at the mo. Will check out threads for tips on security, going to step security up a lot this time!.

We all know the "scum" that are stealing from small business all the time as a form of living and it's time to write to local MP's and the Home Office stating that if the Police will not take serious action to stop this then people will do it themselves. The scrap metal taken into places is paid in cash so often avoiding taxes and is a form of monies laundering.

Agree and might need to start a letter writing campaign myself, also think the scrap metal industry is in need of serious reform, where would anyone legitimately get 10 catalytic converters from other than a mechanic obviously but how do you police it.

Have a freind who is a legit scrap metal collector, he's been doing it most of his life, is in his 60s now and gets threatened by these scum on an almost weekly basis.

Would also agree on the monies laundering, and we're not talking pence here.

One of the three scrapyards on my road had 4k's worth of cats nicked out of a shed.......razor wired site, dogs loose, alarms, video etc etc. The neighbouring scrapyard had 30k of precious metals taken through the roof a few days later......and the one at the top of the road had a large sum of money taken from the safe.

Nothing will stop these people....

One of the three scrapyards on my road had 4k's worth of cats nicked out of a shed.......razor wired site, dogs loose, alarms, video etc etc. The neighbouring scrapyard had 30k of precious metals taken through the roof a few days later......and the one at the top of the road had a large sum of money taken from the safe.

Nothing will stop these people....

I knew a could of South African farmers that took lead shot out of shotgun cartridges and loaded them with rock salt.......would that do it:thumbup:

Wasnt that one of Eugene Terre'Blanche's favourite tricks????:scared1:

No idea but these two blokes were the biggest guys I have seen - one was 6'6" and the other 6'8" and were as strong as an ox - made me look short and I am 6'2":lol:

They had spent their time in South Africa but got out in the early 80s when I met them - had a good story about a cattle truck and an open top sports car but thats another story and off topic:blushing: