Passed my CS30 & CS31

Guest Billabong

Guest Billabong

Hi all! I passed my 30 and 31 yesterday after a 5 day course. Im going to do my 38&39 asap.

Im looking for work preferably in Sussex, but i don't mind traveling too far!

Anything i could do to make me more employable before i do my 38/39?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

:thumbup1:

Guest Billabong

Cheers bud! Focus on good body positioning and the cuts will be level and your back wont ache. Read your text books each night and you should be fine, there's quite a lot to take in in 5 days! Good luck with your assessment!

I have just completed my CS 30/31 this week. The CS30 is easier being weighted towards theory, with the practical bit being fairy easy since there aren't as many variables,just think about what you're doing and don't do anything silly.

The CS31 I found harder, its pretty much all practical and awkward tree's etc can make your assessment very tricky. Make sure you get a lot of practice in your 3 types of felling cuts, if you do go wrong its not all doom, you do get chance to redeem yourself on another. We had heavy winds today which didn't help in the assessment.

Congratulation's on passing !

I have got mine next week coming up starting to feel nervous lol wish I had passed mine and got insurance sooner as I got caught up on my way home from the field last night with a willow down across the road, two police two council wardens and a shed load of traffic blocking the way .....I wanted to get home so managed to persuade them to let me at it as I had my kit in the boot as had just spent the day logging wood, I know I really should not of but I cleared some off the top of the tree on their say so,made it so the car's could at least pass on the one side of the road so the police could clear the backlog of traffic and shut it off completely ,some random bloke got a camera out and was amazed by it and said it was going in the paper :lol: sorry if it was one of you guy's who dealt with it later on didnt mean to step on anyone's toes just wanted to get home the same as anybody else

Hi all! I passed my 30 and 31 yesterday after a 5 day course. Im going to do my 38&39 asap.

Im looking for work preferably in Sussex, but i don't mind traveling too far!

Anything i could do to make me more employable before i do my 38/39?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

:thumbup1:

good on ya :thumbup1:who was your assessor ? i shall keep you in mind if i need someone , as long as you dont mind dragging :001_smile:

Guest Billabong

Cheers mate! Yeah work is work, if im keeping busy i'm happy! I'm in Uckfield so im not far from you at all, I jhave all PPE and my own saw. His name was Mark, he's also a instructor at Hadlow College.