Pick up bed conveyor

oldoaktree

Has any one tried one of the hand driven conveyors that empty a pickup ?

If so are they any good or not worth it . I know they are a long way cheaper than a tipping bed so I know you get what you pay for .

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/21775-cheap-way-empty-your-pickup.html

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/arb-trucks/32841-hello-loadhandler-uk-pickup-truck-unloader.html?highlight=loadhandler

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/firewood-forum/35778-load-handler.html?highlight=loadhandler

:thumbup::thumbup:

Most people seem quite happy with them:thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi oaldoaktree - did you buy one or are you still deliberating?

We're offering one in the Arbtalk Christmas Raffle :001_smile:

Let me know though if I can help with any specific queries.

Sales are increasing - seem to be growing 'organically' - and next year we will start advertising in more magazines. I'm surprised how 'expensive' magazine advertising is - one ad and you have to sell a lot of Loadhandlers to cover it :001_huh:

We're working up until next Friday if anyone wants to get a late Christmas present for the wife :001_rolleyes:

Curtis

I have been using them for years.:thumbup1:

Recently screwed down a sheet of 4'x8' poly 1/8" $100 CAD to smooth out the lock up. Ali or Stainless wood be ideal but plastic is better price.

May add another sheet and should be most acceptable.

What I like is I do not loose any payload and its inexpensive.

Dislike the lock up due to chips weighted down between wheel wells, its not perfect but by comparison makes 60 to 75% of a full load just roll out with ease. If your bed is perfectly square I would guess it may work well, not sure, MB. I use Dodge 2500 with traditional box and plywood sides built onto stake pockets.

Highly recommend plastic sheeting or smooth bed liner for less friction and load lock up.

Oh and I keep 2 Potato Forks to unlock the sides if its real tight and heavey. looks like 4 or 5 tine garden fork but the forks are bent down like a Hoe.

Having to fork out chips at the end of day is quite a bit easier with both of these tools.:001_smile:

Edited by RopeKnight

I have been using them for years.:thumbup1:

Recently screwed down a sheet of 4'x8' poly 1/8" $100 CAD to smooth out the lock up. Ali or Stainless wood be ideal but plastic is better price.

May add another sheet and should be most acceptable.

What I like is I do not loose any payload and its inexpensive.

Dislike the lock up due to chips weighted down between wheel wells, its not perfect but by comparison makes 60 to 75% of a full load just roll out with ease. If your bed is perfectly square I would guess it may work well, not sure, MB. I use Dodge 2500 with traditional box and plywood sides built onto stake pockets.

Highly recommend plastic sheeting or smooth bed liner for less friction and load lock up.

Oh and I keep 2 Potato Forks to unlock the sides if its real tight and heavey. looks like 4 or 5 tine garden fork but the forks are bent down like a Hoe.

Having to fork out chips at the end of day is quite a bit easier with both of these tools.:001_smile:

OK - glad your experience is a positive one and it's a help. What about blanking off the areas behind the arches with plywood boards set at an angle? - a simple triangular frame with a plywood face. Don't have to be fixed in but helpful for preventing the lock up. Sheeting the bed to reduce friction is a good idea and as you say can be done cheaply. :001_smile: